Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Excalibur
People buying excaliburs in British virgin islands ?? >

People buying excaliburs in British virgin islands ??

Notices

People buying excaliburs in British virgin islands ??

Old 07-20-2014, 10:55 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default People buying excaliburs in British virgin islands ??

I got a 1985 wellcraft excalibur 27ft for sale have had two people from british virgin islands interested in it. Scam? or legit? They seem to know there stuff and have talked to them on the phone seem really interested. They said they are very desirable and rare boats. just curious everyones thoughts thanks
Old 07-20-2014, 02:20 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ask if they know salo marine ,, he has exported a couple of boats there,,, http://www.yellowpages.com/miami-gar...-exporting-inc
Old 07-20-2014, 08:04 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 01gsxrjt
I got a 1985 wellcraft excalibur 27ft for sale have had two people from british virgin islands interested in it. Scam? or legit? They seem to know there stuff and have talked to them on the phone seem really interested. They said they are very desirable and rare boats. just curious everyones thoughts thanks
Are they outboard boats? If so they are loved in the islands. There is alot of big $ boats in the british virgin islands so I am just about sure it is legit.
Old 07-20-2014, 11:55 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are a lot of excaliburs in the BVI's lots of 27's laying around down there, just about every other back yard has an old 24 or an old 27 ussually in varying degrees of decay. There is an outboard 27 with the deck ripped out behind pussers landing at smugglers cove been there for about 10 years
Old 07-30-2014, 10:29 PM
Registered

Default Boats in the V.I.

Yea the guys in the USVI and BVI have a lot of boats down here, I personally know at least 10 of the 27 excaliburs in this area, the guys are legit.
Old 07-30-2014, 10:36 PM
Registered

the British Virgin Islands is known as the sailing capital of the world. There are many Excaliburs and a wide variety of other boats, race or pleasure. The guys are very much legit conduct business the right way. So many guys on here and scream and fly will tell you many boats have been bought and shipped to the Virgin Islands with no issues.
Old 07-30-2014, 10:43 PM
Registered

deep V hulls are very desirous in the Virgin Islands as the waters around there are basically offshore condition as the Islands are surrounded by the Caribbean Sea. The chops can get pretty nasty and the guys do a lot of sailing and racing down there. Google "Leverick Bay Poker Run" which is held in the British Virgin Islands every year and you will see the type of machines in the Islands, which basically come from the mainland.
Old 07-31-2014, 08:14 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

Interesting stuff

http://www.pokerrunbvi.com/photo_gallery.php
Old 08-07-2014, 08:18 AM
Registered

HAve quite a few Ex's here. Guys here are legit and if you need help let me know. of course shipping is a pain and then there is the slow economy, so go figure.
Old 08-27-2014, 06:18 PM
Registered

Lol got a 38 I'll sell them cheap!