Excalibur 42 eagle question >

Excalibur 42 eagle question

Notices

Excalibur 42 eagle question

Old 12-27-2018, 11:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Excalibur 42 eagle question

Hi, Ive got a 1985 42 Eagle that I am restoring and have a question, I have no water at the sinks and I was wondering where the pump is located? their is a small pump next to the waste tank but it seems awful small and difficult to get to. Ive learned a lot reading this web site and thank you to all that help me with this question.
Old 01-10-2019, 10:30 AM
Registered

Hi, Why!
Have same boat, but from 86.
Unfortunately without the original water tank in use. Its still installed, but pumps have been modifed over time, I assume.

Do you have pics of the boat?
Would love to see some...

Greetz from Germany!!

Chris
Old 01-10-2019, 05:41 PM
Registered

Default Excalibur 42 question

Hi YunLung, I have enjoyed watching your progression on your boat. I bought mine this summer and had to a lot of adjusting to get it into my garage LoL. I had to modify the trailer and lower the boat 9 inches from what it was, I was successful so now I am just going thru every square inch of it updating what needs to be done. I get layed off every winter from work so this is my toy to keep me out of trouble. I looked at a bunch of 42s and this one caught my eye and was reasonable and most of all it had been loved by the previous owners so that was what I was looking for. I found the water system pump under the steps and I have a macerator pump by the toilet tank, both pumps do not run so this is my latest project. I will try to get some pictures soon. How is your boat coming?
Old 04-26-2019, 01:34 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by why justify
Hi YunLung, I have enjoyed watching your progression on your boat. I bought mine this summer and had to a lot of adjusting to get it into my garage LoL. I had to modify the trailer and lower the boat 9 inches from what it was, I was successful so now I am just going thru every square inch of it updating what needs to be done. I get layed off every winter from work so this is my toy to keep me out of trouble. I looked at a bunch of 42s and this one caught my eye and was reasonable and most of all it had been loved by the previous owners so that was what I was looking for. I found the water system pump under the steps and I have a macerator pump by the toilet tank, both pumps do not run so this is my latest project. I will try to get some pictures soon. How is your boat coming?
Heyho!
Sorry, just found your reply in my restoration thread and now this here...

Will be more active during the upcoming months here in the forum, hopefully!

Regarding the water pump issue:
It seems that I don't have ANY original tank left in the boat except for the gasoline tank.
This is located underneath the cockpit floor, beginning at the aft end cabin bulkhead to the aft end cockpit floor bulkhead.
Directly behind that ( so already inside the engine compartment) I have an aluminium fresh water tank installed, which is approx. 600x500 mm large.

I had a fresh water pressure pump with an expansion tank installed in the engine compartments port side front end bulkhead, but this definitely is NOT original.

I don't have a waste or toilet waste tank installed. There was an odd rectangular plastic tank (about 100 liters) in the STB engine compartment side, installed with some metal strips, looking very NOT original, too.
This was all removed by me.
I will drain both sinks (head and galley) into the sea directly and already removed the water flush toilet completely (and closed the hull openings) and will replace it with a camping toilet which fits into the cabinets i will rebuilt.

Chris
Old 04-26-2019, 03:48 PM
Registered

thanks Christian for the info on the tanks, I found out what I needed to know ( location of pumps for the water tank) they were located under stairway so I am back on tract.
I am looking forward to your pictures and ideas so as to update my boat to be the most efficient way of technology compared to the 1980s.