Identify this Excalibur??? >

Identify this Excalibur???

Notices

Identify this Excalibur???

Old 01-14-2018, 07:37 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Identify this Excalibur???

So there's this relic of an old boat I pass from time to time, partially covered up in somewhat of a "junkyard" owned by a pack of hoarders. It's pretty large, I'd say 40'+, been sitting there for at least 10-15 years. Every time I drive by I think to myself, "Wonder what that thing is?" So yesterday I drive by, walk up and snap a few pics. I did a bit of searching on google but can't seem to find anything that looks like this. It is definitely old, maybe from the '80s? It's surely a complete loss, as the cockpit has never been covered but for some reason I found it to be an interesting artifact.

Pics attached for reference:

by https://www.flickr.com/photos/speedfreak81/, on Flickr

Old 01-15-2018, 10:29 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

38' Excalibur
Old 01-16-2018, 10:04 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

It's pretty much the same as mine minus the portholes for the cabin. That boat looks like it would be a nightmare to restore unless you win the lottery and pay somebody else to do a complete resto/mod job on it.

Old 01-16-2018, 10:16 AM
Registered

Received 471 Likes on 367 Posts

Looks like the same boat TxHawk posted in a thread from 2004
38' Excalibur

Old 01-16-2018, 10:52 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by AllDodge
Looks like the same boat TxHawk posted in a thread from 2004
38' Excalibur

I'm not sure about that. The paint on the hull looks old and I didn't see holes for the swim platform in the OP's pics.

EDIT: I can see where the swim platform was mounted, but the brown paint and nasty pin striping look original. there are also no opening for the dock lights on the bow.

Last edited by Barnacle Bill; 01-16-2018 at 10:55 AM.
Old 01-16-2018, 11:27 AM
Registered

Received 596 Likes on 242 Posts

I'm guessing Excalibur came from the old Signature molds.
Old 01-16-2018, 11:55 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by tommymonza
I'm guessing Excalibur came from the old Signature molds.
That's my thoughts. Wondering what the hull ID is that should be engraved on the transom.

too bad it's in horrible shape. Whouldn't take much to clean it up and drop two new power plants in it, though. The wiring and the hydraulic lines would be difficult and I bet the rams are frozen. fortunately, the rams for stabilizer tabs can be found easily (70's or 80's trim hydraulic rams for small outboards). I bought refurbs off ebay for $50.00 each. The rams for the power steering are the hard parts to find and I might have to bite the bullet, spend another $2K and update them. I bet that boat needs, them, too, but they are not hard to rebuild if they aren't frozen together.
Old 01-17-2018, 10:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Barnacle Bill
That's my thoughts. Wondering what the hull ID is that should be engraved on the transom.

too bad it's in horrible shape. Whouldn't take much to clean it up and drop two new power plants in it, though. The wiring and the hydraulic lines would be difficult and I bet the rams are frozen. fortunately, the rams for stabilizer tabs can be found easily (70's or 80's trim hydraulic rams for small outboards). I bought refurbs off ebay for $50.00 each. The rams for the power steering are the hard parts to find and I might have to bite the bullet, spend another $2K and update them. I bet that boat needs, them, too, but they are not hard to rebuild if they aren't frozen together.
It’s definitely a cool piece of history. Would be awesome to see someone buy it off these packrats, and resurrect it. I’m sure it could be bought for cheap. If you’re interested in the hull ID I could try to do some snooping. Where exactly would I find it?

Last edited by speedfreak81; 01-17-2018 at 10:07 PM.
Old 01-18-2018, 07:21 AM
Registered

Received 471 Likes on 367 Posts

The HIN should be on the transom, below the rub rail, starboard side
Old 01-18-2018, 08:25 AM
Registered

Received 596 Likes on 242 Posts

I've been watching way too much Roadkill

I'm thinking RatBoat.Twins with Rusty Zoomies. Cosmetically the Patina is perfect.

I saw an old 27 signature race oat at a waterfront bar in Hollywood . Had the patina with 2 reliable motors. Way too cool.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.