31 Excalibur >

31 Excalibur

Notices

31 Excalibur

Old 12-23-2003, 10:02 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 31 Excalibur

I was just curious if I should use different props to get better performance out of my boat. currently using 23pitch mirage 3 blade these spin about 4700-4800 rpm @about 62-63 mph, I was told that I should be able to turn the motors @ 5200rpm any suggestions?
Old 12-24-2003, 07:03 AM
Registered

What year is the boat? diffefrent years had different bottoms (faster or slower). What engines do you have? Which transmissions?
DS
Old 12-24-2003, 03:23 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally posted by Zanie
What year is the boat? diffefrent years had different bottoms (faster or slower).
DS
Dan,

Would you elaborate on the different bottoms? (Let's see you play this one straight ;-).

Robert Patch
Old 12-29-2003, 10:31 AM
Registered

Originally posted by Zanie
What year is the boat? diffefrent years had different bottoms (faster or slower). What engines do you have? Which transmissions?
DS

1979 chris craft excalibur t-454ci 400hp motors
jacobs electronics computer ignition
as far as I know the transmission are stock
Old 12-30-2003, 05:48 PM
FWK

I don't believe that Chris Craft started that hull until 82 from Excalibur.

Old 12-31-2003, 07:42 AM
Registered

Originally posted by FWK
I don't believe that Chris Craft started that hull until 82 from Excalibur.
This is a e-mail that I recieved from a customer service rep at chris craft this fall. -Brad

Dear Brad,

This is a pretty rare boat. I have attached copies of what information we still have from our product catalogs. From hull record logs it appears that there were about 31 of these built in 1979. There was production scheduled for both inboard and outboard models in 1980, but I have no evidence that any were actually built.
It was at this time that Murray Industries acquired Chris Craft. It appears that the basic design re-appeared as the Scorpion/Stinger product line.
Unfortunately we do not have owner's manuals available for any vessels that are out of production or that the current ownership of Chris Craft did not build.

Hull records for boats built prior to 1980 have been transferred to the Chris Craft collection at the Mariner's Museum. They may be found at http://www.mariner.org/chriscraft/ .

You may have some success searching out Chris Craft owner's associations or enthusiast’s forums on the Internet.

Also many owners of seasoned Chris Crafts have had good success locating parts and material from LPX Services 941-795-0292

( www.chrisparts.com ), or from Marine Power (Dan Cook) at 740-446-3339.
We hope that this information will be helpful. Thank you for your interest in Chris Craft boats.

Mike Burwell - Customer Service

Chris*Craft Corporation
8161 15th Street East
Sarasota, FL 34243
Attached Thumbnails 31 Excalibur-31_excalibur_info.jpg  
Old 12-31-2003, 09:14 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Very cool info on the 31'. I just bought a 31' Excalibur last weekend from Cashbrain in Chicago. It appears identical to the Chris in the flyer. I can't help you with prop info because I haven't had the thing in the water and it has small blocks anyway. Jack said it did very low 60's with the 3 blade cleavers at 5200 RPM (TRS drives, Borg Warner trans). There are no markings on the props. How do I tell what size and pitch they are?
Old 12-31-2003, 02:00 PM
Registered

OK, sorry for the delay.
The bottom of a 31 is either a dead-rise V or a Pad with a notched transom.
Dead rise V is just what it sounds like. Bottom of the boat comes to a V. The V goes all the way back to the transom.
Pad bottom is looks like you dragged the boat around behind your truck without the trailer and wore a flat spot.
The flat pad on my boat I think is like 8 feet long. The bottom of the boat ends about a foot before the transom. then it goes up 6 inches or so , then back to the transom. That's the notch part. The pad makes it ride more "on top" of the water, and the notch make the boat seem shorter (as seen by the water).
The pad bottom notched transom boat ride rougher, but faster.
Here is a rear shot of my pad bottom notched transom 1984 Excalibur.
Attached Thumbnails 31 Excalibur-p1010084.jpg  
Old 12-31-2003, 02:02 PM
Registered

1980 Fountain (Excalibur) Executioner
Attached Thumbnails 31 Excalibur-80-executioner-transom.jpg  
Old 12-31-2003, 04:36 PM
FWK

The ad that you have is excaliburs not chris craft as they never advertised them as a excalibur. Zanie is right about the variations of the hull. My boat has a diferrent bottom than that it has a pad also but it also has a v added to the pad. Also nothed transom. with a high X. Mine is a 27 though.

Quick Reply: 31 Excalibur

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.