Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Fiberglass and Paint (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/fiberglass-paint-167/)
-   -   Painting drives while on boat? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/fiberglass-paint/108335-painting-drives-while-boat.html)

jec1521 07-23-2005 09:03 PM

Painting drives while on boat?

Can I paint the drives while still on the boat? or is it worth it just taking them off? Also, if I were to take them off, do i NEED a drive stand and how hard is it to take them off. I have never taken them off before.

CMG 07-24-2005 01:51 PM

Re: Painting drives while on boat?

Originally Posted by art kern
yes you can , but you will have to do some masking off . i have painted a lot of drives , both ways . i think that you will find it twice as easy , with the drives off the boat , unless you are using a spray bomb , i spray most drives in imron with a gun ,either way you will have to mask off unless the drives are off the boat . and no you do not NEED a drive stand . i usually hang the drives from a 4x4 or anything that will handle the weight . / A . K . A . /

What do you mean by hang? off a plow frame??

RUSSSR1 07-25-2005 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by CMG
What do you mean by hang? off a plow frame??

No not the plow fram, just drill the passenger door and put the inside transom plate on in a way that you can still get to the door handle :D :D

I think he ment a 4X4 as in wood :D :D

SUPERSTITIOUS 07-25-2005 01:51 PM

Lol!

CMG 07-25-2005 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by RUSSSR1
No not the plow fram, just drill the passenger door and put the inside transom plate on in a way that you can still get to the door handle :D :D

I think he ment a 4X4 as in wood :D :D

ugh - Ok, guess I'm just a dopey country boy from NH.

Every time I see some one here talk about trouble with their heads I assume they mean their wife and her sister too

:D

CMG 07-25-2005 02:42 PM

Russ your lucky you quoted me in your reply or I'd delete the evidence in a heartbeat!

CMG 07-25-2005 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by art kern
thank you !!!! i sometimes can not understand how somebody , can ask a question like that , or maybe he should just put a rope around his neck, and HANG himself . / A . K . A . /

Take it easy there Sparky....I'm sure the heat in the garage or the fumes from the paint are getting to you

RUSSSR1 07-25-2005 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by CMG
Russ your lucky you quoted me in your reply or I'd delete the evidence in a heartbeat!

Sorry Chris but I had to bust your balls on that one :D :D :drink:

CMG 07-26-2005 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by RUSSSR1
Sorry Chris but I had to bust your balls on that one :D :D :drink:

That one goes down as a top ten blunder for the year - I wouldn't have passed the opportunity up myself!

fund razor 07-26-2005 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by jec1521
Can I paint the drives while still on the boat? or is it worth it just taking them off? Also, if I were to take them off, do i NEED a drive stand and how hard is it to take them off. I have never taken them off before.

Don't know what kind of drives.... but if you are gonna keep this hobby... get a buddy to show you how to remove and replace your drives.

There are little "tricks" for each type drive.

(Like put your alpha in forward.... etc.)