Notices

Which buffer....

Old 07-05-2006, 07:38 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts
Default Re: Which buffer....

Originally Posted by docmanrich37
I bought the porter cable multi speed orbital buffer and takes about a hour and a half to do the whole boat.Make sure you get the orbital one.I used wax frenzy with it and it worked great but had to wax it more often.
wouldnt matter to you, you needed clear coat that would stay on
Old 07-05-2006, 08:08 PM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
wouldnt matter to you, you needed clear coat that would stay on
Thats for sure so if anyones needs a buffer i have one you can use.until next season atleast.By the way the clear is almost all the way off on the one side so no worry about it getting stuck in your eye.you might be worried that it will take your head off by the size of the pieces of clear thats flying off at a 100 mph.
Old 07-05-2006, 11:30 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Rich, I'll trade you my Milwaukee for your orbital. The Milwaukee turns into a nice right angle grinder. It will really take some paint for ya.
Old 07-06-2006, 05:50 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Thats for sure so if anyones needs a buffer i have one you can use.until next season atleast.By the way the clear is almost all the way off on the one side so no worry about it getting stuck in your eye.you might be worried that it will take your head off by the size of the pieces of clear thats flying off at a 100 mph.
get the neighborhood kids arouns buy them all sodas and have them start picking at the clear, 2 hours tops and it will be all off, put them all in a bucket and send it to Barney
Old 07-06-2006, 06:30 AM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
get the neighborhood kids arouns buy them all sodas and have them start picking at the clear, 2 hours tops and it will be all off, put them all in a bucket and send it to Barney
Thats funny but shrink wrap tape works really well.stick it on and then it pulls the clear right of.Does anyone have any 8' wide tape i can buy.He gave me a ful refund on the paint job.I got beer and gas $$ now.
Old 07-09-2006, 12:45 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Thats funny but shrink wrap tape works really well.stick it on and then it pulls the clear right of.Does anyone have any 8' wide tape i can buy.He gave me a ful refund on the paint job.I got beer and gas $$ now.
i have some film in 24" widths that I dont use, it's non clear coated film, that would work great, 2 ft wide by say 20ft long.
Old 07-20-2006, 07:18 AM
Registered

Not one of the Big Names but it works awesome. Riobi 6" Orbital Polisher. Home Depot $19.95 The Turtle Wax Bonnets are $2.50ea. I am the most sceptical person ever. This thing works great. I purchased 2 units. One to apply the wax one to remove. Best money I have spent in a while. No swirl, No haze, no uneven wax marks. You can even wax around and over snaps and cleats without having to worry about losing you arm like you would with a buffing machine. Good Luck
Old 06-13-2012, 11:09 AM
Registered

Default waxmaster

Originally Posted by JETBOAT BRIAN
OK.....The Makita is a buffer......for buffing and glazing paint.....If all you are gonna do is apply wax......what I use on large flat surfaces is a waxmaster polisher.....there is a difference...waxmaster

Mine has an orbital action....and it uses seperate bonnets for applying and removing wax....

Now If you are sanding buffing and glazing...the makita is the choice...I like to use finesse it 2 compound and glaze by 3m...

I like the foam pads...cleaner and less chance of burn thru...the white ones are for buffing and the black are for glazing....I like to buff & glaze between 1500-2000 rpm
do thet still make the waxmaster,i can not locate on where to buy
Old 06-13-2012, 01:24 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts

I've got the new Dewalt buffer the 849X. Like most things I buy I dug into a lot of professional reviews, all liked it better than the Mikita, with the Flex beating the Dewalt. The old Dewalt 849 was not as nice but the new 849X was the favorite choice. What I like about it is if you set it at 1000 rpms thats where it stays now matter what compond or how hard you push on it, it self-regulates the speed..

Here is a copy of one review:
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...flex-pe14.html
Old 06-13-2012, 02:02 PM
Registered

Its paint correct? Buy the Griots Garage dual action. Its sturdy, has more power than the Porter Cable, and had a lifetime warrenty. Detailing has come a long way and use of the rotary is now limited to things in not so great shape and gelcoat. As for pads I would recommend Lake Country foam.

Quick Reply: Which buffer....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.