Boat Wax, 1 coat per year??? >

Boat Wax, 1 coat per year???

Notices

Boat Wax, 1 coat per year???

Old 01-05-2007, 03:34 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Boat Wax, 1 coat per year???

Thanks Donnie
My # is 810-923-8653
Old 01-05-2007, 08:22 PM
Registered

Just got done reading the whole thread, I noticed some used it on car/trucks. How would you say your product works on black truck paint? I shouldn't need a stripper as I've only had the truck since October. Its an 06. My main problem is hard water stains. I would like to use it on my truck and boat. How much would I need and whens your next shipment? George

Oh and does it work on Plexiglas/molded tinted windows? Glass? Thanks
Old 01-06-2007, 09:27 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts
Default Re: UD.9/23 Boat Wax, 1 coat per year???

Originally Posted by johnnyoffshore
Is this stuff better then Star Brite Premium Marine Polish with PTEF/Teflon? I have use many waxes/polishes and the Star Brite Premium Marine Polish with Teflon in the paste form seems to be the only thing that will hold up to saltwater. I first apply their liquid in a bottle first with buffer then apply a 2nd coat of their paste from a can by hand. Seems to last about a ½ to a full season in saltwater or more.
I use the same product and love it!
Old 01-06-2007, 09:53 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Get_Buffed
Donnie,

My name is Tracy Deuell and I own A Brighter Finish - Professional Boat Care in Virginia. www.abrighterfinish.com

I have read this entire thread and would be very interested in trying out your product. We service several hundred boats per year and our customers constantly look to us for product recommendations.

I have always been leary of products that state it is a once a year product but after reading your info it sounds like you have something here. I have compounded and wet sanded off more "miracle" type products that have cracked and disapated. I ask all customers to stay away from these types of polyurethane based products. They are a nightmare (but good for my business I guess)

I would like to get a sample if it is not too late to get on the current batch list. I will be more than happy to post results and provide results and opinion.

Thanks!

Tracy Deuell
Hey Tracy,

I live right up the street from your shop. I live in Aylett. You do amazing work!!! I have seen some nasty boats that went to your shop and came back as good as new! You are the man when it comes to restoring and shining boats finishes and RVs. Please let me know what you think of Donnie's product Leverage. I trust your opinion. Once I get my boat back together, motor in and cockpit reconfigured, I will be bringing my boat to your shop! She is in need of your services badly.

Tracy did you get your bottle yet? Please post the results that you get from trying Leverage. Donnie, IF Tracy says your stuff works and does what you say it can do, you will have more orders then you can handle!

Johnny
Old 01-06-2007, 01:37 PM
Registered

Default Re: UD.9/23 Boat Wax, 1 coat per year???

Originally Posted by johnnyoffshore
Is this stuff better then Star Brite Premium Marine Polish with PTEF/Teflon? I have use many waxes/polishes and the Star Brite Premium Marine Polish with Teflon in the paste form seems to be the only thing that will hold up to saltwater. I first apply their liquid in a bottle first with buffer then apply a 2nd coat of their paste from a can by hand. Seems to last about a ½ to a full season in saltwater or more.
Johnny, I've looked at Star Brite and researched their products. The premium marine polish is 15% polyurethane and 15% petroleum distillates. I have many posts on this thread explaining the effects of those chemicals. If you are using the Star Brite to strip your surface then it will work better than Leverage. If you are using it as your polish then Leverage will win without any long term harmful effects like you will see with Star Brite. I think Tracy even put a post up to the effects of polyturethane based products and their long term results.

So yes, as your polish that will last, as your final coat of protection against UV rays Leverage is better.

Tracy, PM me, I still want to get that paste that you say can replace 3M 'Finess-it'.

Star Brite's MSDS
http://www.starbrite.com/msdssheets/...il-9-01-05.pdf

Last edited by marineclean; 01-09-2007 at 03:00 PM. Reason: #
Old 01-09-2007, 03:17 PM
Registered

Wooooo, nice to be back. I want to first thank everyone for their support and opinions. We had to edit a coulpe of items out of the post, but nothing that will effect boat cleaning, polishing and stripping.

We will be using this thread as a Q&A to help everyone. As always, I encourage feedback, opinions and experiences. I will post, as I hope everyone does, what works for each step of keeping your finish shiny and clean.

Again, Thank You everyone
Donnie Fulmer
Marine Clean & Leverage

Last edited by marineclean; 02-10-2007 at 02:10 AM.
Old 01-09-2007, 03:35 PM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

Great its back.
Old 01-09-2007, 04:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by docmanrich37
Great its back.
Leave us Normal people alone and get back to chat.
Old 01-09-2007, 04:09 PM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by marineclean
Leave us Normal people alone and get back to chat.
I can't cause Mag are walmart chat greeter won't let me in.
Old 01-09-2007, 04:12 PM
Registered

Hehehe........lol doc

Quick Reply: Boat Wax, 1 coat per year???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.