Blisters on hull >

Blisters on hull

Notices

Blisters on hull

Old 06-10-2007, 06:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blisters on hull

I was considering buying a HTM SR-24 from a fellow up in New England until he told me he keeps the boat in the water every summer and dry stores it every winter and that the gelcoat has developed small blisters below the water line. i did some research on the subject and sure enough it seems if you keep the boat in the water too long this could happen.

How bad is this? How much to correct this? What does it take to do it right? Should i even consider buying the boat? I would have to fly up to see this thing and i dont know anthing about gelcoat so i wouldnt even know what i was truly looking for upon inspection to see how "bad" it is. Thanks for your input. Dave
Old 06-10-2007, 09:04 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Dave ,
If I was closer, I wouold survey it for you. Buyt it's a few hundred miles away. Osmosis blistering can be bad in alot of cases. Usually in boats left in the water year round. To repair the blisters is another story. Very costly. If there are only a few (100+-) 1/4" no big deal. A few hours work to fix. Some blister jobs are bad and are costly.