30 Scarab Panther Paint >

30 Scarab Panther Paint

Notices

30 Scarab Panther Paint

Old 10-29-2007, 11:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 30 Scarab Panther Paint

Any ideas wha the best paint to use i on the bottom after gelcoat repair? NO antifoling paint!!
I was told either Awl Grip or Imron
Any pro's or con's?
Thanx Ralph
Old 10-30-2007, 08:27 AM
Registered

Everything new that comes out is better than IMRON, ever notice? IMRON is and alwayswill be the best. . Just be careful to wear a good respirator.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:04 PM
Registered

In our shop, we only use epoxy on boat bottoms. We have in the past used 2 part urethanes, but they don't hold up like 2 part epoxies. www.offshoregroup.net
Old 11-03-2007, 12:56 PM
Registered

Talking

Herman, what kind or brand epoxy would you use?
Ralph
Old 11-05-2007, 09:30 PM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by excalibur32
Everything new that comes out is better than IMRON, ever notice? IMRON is and alwayswill be the best. . Just be careful to wear a good respirator.
I don't agree. I am a a distributor of Imron and some other DuPont products. Imron is a great product and I painted my last boat with Imron and later painted it again with Standox another DuPont product. After 3 years the Standox looked like the day it was painted the Imron gassed in one year. It did not spend long durations in the water if you leave it in all the time I would consider something else, no automotive/fleet product is recomended below the water line for an extended period.
My $.02
Bob
Old 11-06-2007, 10:14 AM
Registered

Really, I painted one of my boats over twenty years ago and it still looks like glass, IMRON dark blue metallic.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:12 PM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by excalibur32
Really, I painted one of my boats over twenty years ago and it still looks like glass, IMRON dark blue metallic.
Do you keep it in the water below the water line? This is where it failed.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:46 PM
Registered

My whole boat is painted Red from top to bottom now but the paint is bubbled on the bottom.Im assuming its imron but not sure.I leave it in the water for a week or two max.Ive painted my chris chraft sides 7 years ago with imron and it still looks awesome.But where the waterline is i can see a few bubbles in the paint there too. Where do i find thi Standox ? Who makes it?
Ralph
Old 11-07-2007, 08:47 AM
Registered

sounds like an adhesion problem, pervious pin holes gelblisters etc. What sealent is recommended for below the waterline? not silicone, poleyurathane! IMRON is a polyurathane.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:12 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

From what I heard when my friend and I researched was that Imron has a great product name. It was, at one point the best, and now people keep asking for it. Current day coating technology/products are much better, and a lot of times cheaper. Ask any Dupont distributer what to use. See if they say IMRON, or another product first.

Quick Reply: 30 Scarab Panther Paint

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.