Re-fairing / painting hull bottom >

Re-fairing / painting hull bottom

Notices

Re-fairing / painting hull bottom

Old 01-29-2008, 12:30 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re-fairing / painting hull bottom

I posted this in the do it yourself forum but figured it might be better off here.

I want to re-fair and re-paint my entire boat. The boat is a 1988 wellcraft scarab sport. I know the boat could be put on blocks and stands but is there another way? Could the boat be rotated upside down or on its side assuming the motors, oil, gas, and water tanks drained and removed?

Any other ideas? Im not too crazy about laying under a boat and having to work on something above me. I would rather be on top of it working down. I also feel like it would be much easier to look at the quality of work this way. Has anyone done something like this?

This would only be for fairing... i would put it back on blocks for painting.
Old 02-24-2008, 09:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Get the CD

Go to the site below. Get their CD its free. The CD is nothing but PDF files on how to do stuff.

http://duratec1.com/
Old 02-24-2008, 10:07 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by BluWaterNC
I posted this in the do it yourself forum but figured it might be better off here.

I want to re-fair and re-paint my entire boat. The boat is a 1988 wellcraft scarab sport. I know the boat could be put on blocks and stands but is there another way? Could the boat be rotated upside down or on its side assuming the motors, oil, gas, and water tanks drained and removed?

Any other ideas? Im not too crazy about laying under a boat and having to work on something above me. I would rather be on top of it working down. I also feel like it would be much easier to look at the quality of work this way. Has anyone done something like this?

This would only be for fairing... i would put it back on blocks for painting.
Yes definetly flip the boat if you can. i just put a few pics in the 101 thread of a 20 Cig i rolled to fair and re-gel. way easier to put the time into flipping it than trying to screw with it on your back. If you cant get the boat up side down invest in a high quality in line sander (air file) like from Hutchins, it will help tremendously.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )