Boat Wrap Graphics >

Boat Wrap Graphics

Notices

Boat Wrap Graphics

Old 02-17-2010, 08:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boat Wrap Graphics

I am working with a graphic designer trying to figure out what graphics to put on my boat and am having a hard time seeing something that I like. I am doing a full wrap of the entire boat. Does anyone have any pics of some cool boats, either painted or vinyl, that they could share? I have been through every pic on this site and haven't found what I am looking for. Please post. Thanks.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:59 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

trouble with a lot of vinyl wrap designers is they rely on mostly clip art stuff. All mine are tailored to fit working with the boats existing shape and features, all original and NO clip art or bundled graphics. Have you found anything along a particular style that comes close? what kind of boat?
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

Last edited by glassdave; 02-17-2010 at 11:09 AM.
Old 02-17-2010, 01:37 PM
Registered

I have not been able to find very many boats that are as extreme as I would like to go. I am wanting to stay away from any factory looks, etc. We do want alot of bright colors and crazy graphics though. Even with the clipart, it is very hard to tell the designer what look I am going for because I am not sure myself. I have a 33' fountain executioner. Do you have any pics of boat that you have done in the past?
Old 02-17-2010, 04:20 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you are going to have use wrap artwork for the most part....you can't just take something from a picture as use it...the resolution will not be there and will look like crap !! we have specific backgrounds that we use for wraps then graphics can be added to that, more on a personal touch..that wil be fine, and things you find of the ineternet are not very good either.....no high resolution there....you are going to have to bite the bullet and pay a wrap designer to get the look you want...and that can be $$$$ depending on the amount of time involved..usually $80-125 per hour design time....next case...
Old 03-13-2010, 01:29 AM
Registered

If you are interested, I have a lot of experience both wrapping and designing... I wrapped Geico's team.
Contact me if I can help.
clint
Old 03-18-2010, 11:54 AM
Registered

I have 21ft Chris Craft Scorpion, not nearly the job yours would be, but it is getting its wrap finished up as we speak. I starting looking around back in January, found the design I wanted and it took until now to get it done. I wanted a tribal design to go onto it. Even once I found something I kind of liked I put 10-12 hours into making my own changes and playing with it in photoshop CS3. I changed colors numerous time but ended up with exactly what I was looking for. It may not be everyone's taste because it is tribal. But I love it. When I get it back tonight or tomorrow I will take some pics and post them so you can get an idea. Luckily I bring the company alot of business so they only charged me T&M on the install and just a little bit for removal of the current 10+ year old decal that was on the boat when I bought it.
Old 03-18-2010, 03:06 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's a thread I started 1 year ago on this same subject. It is hard to find the right graphic for your boat with so many choices....
In the end I was very happy with my choice and spent about $2000 total (vinyl and install)...IMO its important to pay a pro to install the larger vinyl so you know its done right.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/p...l-graphic.html

Last edited by Powerquest_Baby!!; 03-18-2010 at 03:12 PM.
Old 03-21-2010, 10:51 AM
Registered

Here are the pics of my boat that I just got wrapped.

Old 03-21-2010, 06:56 PM
Registered

Default Wrap

[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\Mybesttickets\My Documents\My Pictures\iphone pictures\iphone pictures 128.jpg[/IMG]I had this done last summer, before that noone ever looked at my boat, now people take pictures all the time as we drive by, either on the road or on the water!!
Old 03-21-2010, 06:57 PM
Registered

Sorry guess i cant post a picture, anyone that can tell me how to post pictures i would appreciate the help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.