Notices

new paint

Old 02-21-2010, 06:12 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new paint

does anybody know of this new paint. (linlee marine coatings) they say its 5 year warranty and can leave boat in the water as long as you want with no water penetration, basicaly said blocks water out better than gel.
Old 02-22-2010, 07:23 AM
Registered

Never heard of it. Probably some sort of epoxy. I would stick with gelcoat. Gelcoat has been used for years, and if you want added protection for below the waterline...you put an epoxy barrier on the outside of the gelcoat prior to bottom paint.
Old 06-06-2010, 03:43 AM
Registered

Default Lin lee bottom paint

Originally Posted by jtanner
Never heard of it. Probably some sort of epoxy. I would stick with gelcoat. Gelcoat has been used for years, and if you want added protection for below the waterline...you put an epoxy barrier on the outside of the gelcoat prior to bottom paint.
We have a demo boat at Lauderdale Marine Center, 40 Luhrs, after 8 weeks the hull is developing blisters, I believe the product is not ready or we didn't do our job on preparing or mixing the solutions correctly, we will communicate the outcome.