Deck coating....need some help ASAP

Notices

Deck coating....need some help ASAP

Old 05-12-2011, 01:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deck coating....need some help ASAP

Hey guys,
I've been stuff priming and sanding my floor for quite some time and I'm pretty fed-up with it. I had some gas out from the orginal layup with left some bubbles and pin holes in the fiberglass. I'm using west systems epoxy so I sanded a lot of them out and laid down another coat of epoxy. This helped a little more. But I am still stuff with little holes and divots. I've put down a few coats of 2-part epoxy primer and sanded, what should I put on top as a final coating. I was going to use interlux perfection then kiwigrip on top of that but I'm hesitant to use the perfection because it will show EVERY IMPERFECTION! I'm up for anything to help remedy this this problem and get my bird in the water. Can I use kiwigrip directly on top of the primer? Or should I go a different route like lonseal. How easy is that stuff to find?
Old 05-12-2011, 09:55 PM
Registered

Received 1,489 Likes on 805 Posts

Sounds like the oils from the gas must be giving you some fish eyes. I would just try and give it an orange peel type look. Almost an antislip method. I might be way out there however even perhaps use the roll on product you seen in or on pick up beds these days. Then go over it with a color base resin or the product used in engine compartments. Other wise when you have a wet coat down with any of the products you could always use the salt shaker method using salt for anti-slip and cover some sins. I know what you mean though if it's not perfect rethink the process or final product.

Hope this helps a little.

Can you post a picture of the floor?