Notices

Vibra Cut

Old 07-08-2011, 12:58 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 4195
Glassdave how does the Vitero compare to Leverage? Is it easy to use? Thanks for your input!
I would like to know this as well. Like the Leverage products. Have tried the Star Brite with PTEF this year with decent results, but nothing amazing in my opinion. Love the Power One and Cuddy Buddy cleaners. They seem to have good products.
Old 07-09-2011, 08:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am wondering what quantities of the trio I should order for my 24' Celebrity, moderately oxidized ???
Old 07-11-2011, 10:21 PM
Registered

Ok, did the whole boat, hit with the vibra 1st, wash. Hit it with Totally Buff, wash and then Vitreo.

Here's my assessment. If I had a boat with a serious oxidation, I would be eager to use these products.

Vibra cut is somewhat easy to use, you get a huge amount with your order. I found it mucked up and gelled-up my pads pretty good after being very conscious about using too much. I didn't find it hard to work with, but it wasn't easy either.

Totally Buff, reminds a lot of leverage oxidation remover. Dries quickly so best use it in small quick areas. Again, same Vibra Cut, not hard but not easy.

Vitreo, very easy to work with, I did the whole boat including my transom were waxes, polishers, and polymers are put to the test. The shine is very compatible with all the top brands, but what I'm looking for is shine and the ability to shred soot off the transom. Well it didn't do to well in that area, I had to really get going with the white Lightning cleaning spray to get it off.

As stated above, if I a boat with bad oxidation I would gowith the FOY line, but my boat is really great shape so
I'm going to stick with my Auto Magic 3 part system to keep up my boat and my homemade mix as protection.

1st Cut XP
http://www.automagic.com/cart/87.htm

2ND CUT BC-1
http://www.automagic.com/cart/77.htm

Final BC-2
http://www.automagic.com/cart/78.htm

With the mix, the soot just comes off with just a swipe of a paper towel.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...ndy-wax-2.html

These products work best for ME and my boat, but they are so cheap enough, super easy to use, and the results are great.
Good luck folks!
I love trying to new products, so if y'all get one to share post it in this section.

Last edited by bert4332; 07-12-2011 at 01:31 PM.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:25 PM
Registered

double post

Last edited by bert4332; 07-12-2011 at 01:29 PM.
Old 07-14-2011, 05:07 PM
Registered

Hey Glassdave,
Have not heard of Vibra Cut in Texas. But is sure looks like it gets great results. I have a paste compound called Hula CP Compound and I am attaching a couple of pics I got from detailers using it in my area. Would love to send you a sample and get your feedback on it

Old 07-19-2011, 04:09 PM
Registered

Now that its been three weeks and applied my second strip using vibra cut I'll give my assessment. The cut did ok the first time. I already had excellent results before using it, so you couldnt tell much of a difference. Now after some use during the summer I tried it again. I have to say I wont be using it again. It just doesn't do anything for me. Doesn't remove 1000 grit scratches, doesn't bring shine back that much any more than leverage (which didnt do a fantastic job either). The wax lasted all of 6 days with salt water use. Leverage did better, lasting all of two weeks. I'll be trying collonite 345 since the boats already stripped using vibra cut. Next time I'll be using 3m 64 to really get some of the little imperfections out. Only products I'd buy would be the wash, which leaves no water marks and the interior products. NEXT.
Attached Thumbnails Vibra Cut-photo-10-.jpg  

Last edited by Mastercraft240; 07-19-2011 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Attach Picture
Old 07-19-2011, 06:48 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

MC240 are you using wool or foam with Vibra? I dont have any trouble getting 1000 grit marks out at all. If your boat already has a decent shine you might be better with Totally Buff, Vibra is coarse and needs a follow up after deep cutting.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

Last edited by glassdave; 07-19-2011 at 06:50 PM.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by glassdave
MC240 are you using wool or foam with Vibra? I dont have any trouble getting 1000 grit marks out at all. If your boat already has a decent shine you might be better with Totally Buff, Vibra is coarse and needs a follow up after deep cutting.
Wool. Wow Im doing my bow. This crap could'nt take off a bug splatter. Refund please?? Nevermind, already made its way to the garbage. Foam didnt work either. I wouldn't recommend this product for a kids 20 year old dirt bike.

Last edited by Mastercraft240; 07-20-2011 at 12:20 PM.
Old 07-25-2011, 04:58 PM
Registered

Received 194 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by Mastercraft240
Now that its been three weeks and applied my second strip using vibra cut I'll give my assessment. The cut did ok the first time. I already had excellent results before using it, so you couldnt tell much of a difference. Now after some use during the summer I tried it again. I have to say I wont be using it again. It just doesn't do anything for me. Doesn't remove 1000 grit scratches, doesn't bring shine back that much any more than leverage (which didnt do a fantastic job either). The wax lasted all of 6 days with salt water use. Leverage did better, lasting all of two weeks. I'll be trying collonite 345 since the boats already stripped using vibra cut. Next time I'll be using 3m 64 to really get some of the little imperfections out. Only products I'd buy would be the wash, which leaves no water marks and the interior products. NEXT.
I thought you were using Berts homemade witches brew for protection/finish?
Old 08-24-2011, 11:56 AM
Registered

Very impressed with their whole product line. May have to add them to my detailing operation.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.