Single Stage Paint & Gun?? >

Single Stage Paint & Gun??

Notices

Single Stage Paint & Gun??

Old 02-13-2012, 03:29 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

I also have three of these Laxaire TA's in my shop and absolutely love them. They really arent the most user friendly guns and require a lot of care but man are they stingy with paint. Took me about a year to really figure them out and when you get use to the larger hose its no prob. Just to give you an idea how stingy the are i did this 42 Tiger with only six qts of clear, three coats deck and sides and buried graphics. Did my Bronco with one qt of clear. I was on my second coat before i even turned on the fan. They spray at three or four pounds and the cool thing is you dont need an air compressor they have there own dedicated turbine thingy (nice feature for the do it yourselfer).

I have the Pro TA top feed guns. I dont use them all the time but these definitely have a place in my shop.

http://www.lexaire.com/#anchor174545

http://www.lexaire.com/turbine/LexAireSprayGuns.html
Attached Thumbnails Single Stage Paint & Gun??-pics-026.jpg   Single Stage Paint & Gun??-2011-08-25_14-10-12_780.jpg  
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 02-13-2012, 10:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KEVLARKAT32
I totally agree with dave , I have many of those HB guns in my shop However we only use SATA on the high end stuff . This is a test panel for grahics on my Skater

Larry
I use nothing but SATA jet, but i spray all day everyday, +1 on the harber freight gun for what you are doing. The test panel looks killer, sweet work..
Old 02-13-2012, 11:00 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

What model SATA Jet you guys shooting? I spray finish work with either my DeVilbiss Plus or my GTI although i did just pick up a Tekna last week on special a one of my suppliers. All great guns but a bit dated by todays standards, old habits die hard i guess lol.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:43 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by glassdave
I also have three of these Laxaire TA's in my shop and absolutely love them. They really arent the most user friendly guns and require a lot of care but man are they stingy with paint. Took me about a year to really figure them out and when you get use to the larger hose its no prob. Just to give you an idea how stingy the are i did this 42 Tiger with only six qts of clear, three coats deck and sides and buried graphics. Did my Bronco with one qt of clear. I was on my second coat before i even turned on the fan. They spray at three or four pounds and the cool thing is you dont need an air compressor they have there own dedicated turbine thingy (nice feature for the do it yourselfer).

I have the Pro TA top feed guns. I dont use them all the time but these definitely have a place in my shop.

http://www.lexaire.com/#anchor174545

http://www.lexaire.com/turbine/LexAireSprayGuns.html
Those are cool, got a buddy that painted houses using something like that, he sprayed his workvan with it, and came out OK, but he was a housepainter so ya know what that looked like
Old 02-14-2012, 06:44 AM
Registered

What model SATA Jet you guys shooting? I spray finish work with either my DeVilbiss Plus or my GTI although i did just pick up a Tekna last week on special a one of my suppliers. All great guns but a bit dated by todays standards, old habits die hard i guess lol.
Talk about old habits, my main gun is still a Sharpe siphon feedBut I don't do it for a livin'
Old 02-14-2012, 11:57 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HF had the 3 piece gun kit on sale for $9.99 a few weeks ago. I bought 4 kits.. Now I don't even have to clean the guns after!
Old 02-14-2012, 04:17 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Originally Posted by rchevelle71
Those are cool, got a buddy that painted houses using something like that, he sprayed his workvan with it, and came out OK, but he was a housepainter so ya know what that looked like
the house ones are airless, these are high volume turbine compressors. They are great to have and i'll tell ya one other thing, i can mix pain by the ounce out of my system and generally get great matches plus i can really squeeze a blend down to some pretty small areas compared to my other guns.

Talk about old habits, my main gun is still a Sharpe siphon feedBut I don't do it for a livin'
lol . . . . whats a siphon feed? I got my first gravity feed in like 1990 it was a Teflon bodied Optima that i named "robo gun" because of how it opened up. Still have it to this day and i haven't used a siphon feed since. Those things will cost you enough in materials alone to pay for just about any gun you want.

Originally Posted by waterboy222
HF had the 3 piece gun kit on sale for $9.99 a few weeks ago. I bought 4 kits.. Now I don't even have to clean the guns after!
i toss mine in a bucket and put them in with the stuff for the metal scrap guy that comes by once every so often. I didnt see that sale
Old 02-15-2012, 07:15 AM
Registered

the house ones are airless, these are high volume turbine compressors. They are great to have and i'll tell ya one other thing, i can mix pain by the ounce out of my system and generally get great matches plus i can really squeeze a blend down to some pretty small areas compared to my other guns.

lol . . . . whats a siphon feed? I got my first gravity feed in like 1990 it was a Teflon bodied Optima that i named "robo gun" because of how it opened up. Still have it to this day and I haven't used a siphon feed since. Those things will cost you enough in materials alone to pay for just about any gun you want.

Didnt realize the house ones were different, even at that it seemed to work OK for a beatup old workvan. I do have several gravity feed also, and only paint for a hobby, and out of being too cheap to pay someone You are right they that gun does use some material, even being an HVLP. Fisrt time I used a gravity feed, the lid of the cup came loose during the final clearcoat on the ex's car, and I had to get creative to fix that mess Got started painting cars, and to me at least, that is a LOT easier than a boat.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:47 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Didnt realize the house ones were different, even at that it seemed to work OK for a beatup old workvan. I do have several gravity feed also, and only paint for a hobby, and out of being too cheap to pay someone You are right they that gun does use some material, even being an HVLP. Fisrt time I used a gravity feed, the lid of the cup came loose during the final clearcoat on the ex's car, and I had to get creative to fix that mess Got started painting cars, and to me at least, that is a LOT easier than a boat.
been there done that. I got in the habit of wrapping a piece of two inch tape around the lid just for safety. My DeVillbiss guns are just a push fit plastic lid that seem kinda weak for a five hundred dollar gun lol. My turbine guns are actually pressure feed, theres a little port and a tube that runs to the top of the cup. You know right away when that isnt sealed.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just to give you an idea how stingy the are i did this 42 Tiger with only six qts of clear, three coats deck and sides and buried graphics. Did my Bronco with one qt of clear. I was on my second coat before i even turned on the fan.

WOW. I just cleared the roof of a BMW with my old siphon gun and blew (literally) through a half quart of clear.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.