Black transom and graphics

Notices

Black transom and graphics

Old 06-11-2012, 06:03 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black transom and graphics

Hi guys I need help
I have a 95 sunsation with a solid black transom (gelcoat). It seems that over the years of use and cleaners the gel has faided and or chalked. The boat is freshwater and is trailered to the water and dry stored. I have used 3m stripper wax to help with it and that lastes for about one trip to the water and then the white haze returns. What can i do. Open to paint or gel work and any other suggestions. I had even thought perhaps sanding it and clearcoating it. Please help
Brian:
Old 06-28-2012, 08:16 AM
Registered

I did mine in high gloss black looked awesome... I primed it then air painted one coat. I learned the hard way thou, you need one primer gun and one paint gun.. A paint gun isn't meant to spray primer.. good luck..
Old 06-28-2012, 08:53 AM
Registered

The reason the oxidation is reoccuring is that you are not fully removing it with the stripper wax. Compound the area until it looks new, polish to remove the haze/swirls, then seal with a wax or sealant. Enjoy, be careful with the D rings!