Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Fiberglass and Paint
Vinyl Graphics - help me decide... >

Vinyl Graphics - help me decide...

Notices

Vinyl Graphics - help me decide...

Old 07-19-2012, 07:06 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The light blue of the stripe is not an exact match with the vinyl color, so it might not be a good idea to have them touch or blend into each other. Otherwise I would probably enlarge the logo some more and let the "swoosh" intersect with the lower stripe. Might have to get Chris' take on it as well.
Old 07-19-2012, 07:20 PM
Registered

OK, I took Dave's advice and expanded the logo a little more, and this time I let it intersect with the original lower stripe. I have to say that I like the way it flows. The big question will be how much of a color mismatch we will have with the light blues, and also if there could be any concerns with that part of the graphics being near or below the water line. Might be a good question for Chris at Raceline Digital.

Old 07-19-2012, 07:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not to be rude but .........................why not totaly dis -regard the logo ..................opening that space up for something a little more flowing ........considering in my opinion it just might be a little to busy back there .......................just my 2 cents .
Old 07-19-2012, 08:06 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

gotta have the logo R/T . . . . otherwise how would we know what it is
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 07-19-2012, 08:58 PM
Registered

I agree with keeping tha Baja logo up top. It will go under water and will get beat. I think the sun/water combo will fade it quicker than you think. People in the boat may also sink it under and may look funny. Another thought is to go white on the port windows. Cool boat and good luck.
Old 07-22-2012, 10:01 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well not to be rude either....hate them all....makes the boat look shorter and tall....looks like exactly what you are doing...adding new to old....does not work..my .02....try covering the 2 upper colors along the deck and keep the lines longer and flowing, making it look longer and not so stubby....
Old 07-22-2012, 12:08 PM
Registered

I like either of the ones with the newer logo. What about eliminating that bow rail and antenna. Might want to powder coat the windshield frame white, also. Just another opinion. Nice looking Baja, BTW.
Old 07-22-2012, 04:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ezstriper
well not to be rude either....hate them all....makes the boat look shorter and tall....looks like exactly what you are doing...adding new to old....does not work..my .02....try covering the 2 upper colors along the deck and keep the lines longer and flowing, making it look longer and not so stubby....
Well, I would love to make it look longer and not so stubby, been trying to figure that one out most of my life... but wait, we're talking about boats here, right?

It is what it is - the basic design of these boats moves the windshield further forward than a lot of other boats in this size range, which tends to make the bow look shorter by comparison. The trade-off is nice room in the cockpit. I know what you are saying, but covering up the two upper colors would be difficult without going the full wrap route or repainting. Not worth putting that kind of money into the old boat. I think seeing it sitting on the trailer adds to the "short and tall" impression. It looks much better in the water. Wish I had a pic of it sitting in the water to see how these graphics would look there. Thanks for the opinion.
Old 07-22-2012, 04:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by gare
I like either of the ones with the newer logo. What about eliminating that bow rail and antenna. Might want to powder coat the windshield frame white, also. Just another opinion. Nice looking Baja, BTW.
VHF radio is useful where we boat, even with cell phones. I would like to cut the bow rail down, however, because it is a ***** getting off of the front of the boat with that thing in the way.

I am seriously thinking about painting or powder coating the windshield frame silver to match the colors in the graphics. Might also do the helm and sliding door in silver as well. A friend of mine has essentially the same boat, and he painted the smoked glass slider and the black helm a lighter color, and it really modernized the look of the boat. I'm on a budget with this, so can't go too crazy.
Old 07-22-2012, 05:52 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Budman II
I know what you are saying, but covering up the two upper colors would be difficult without going the full wrap route or repainting.
Not 100% sure but I bet the origional colors are paint? If so a weekend with the right sand paper and a DA and you could have it back to white, now your at liberty to do what you want!

Also do you plan to leave the boat in the water? If not then don't worry about the graphic being below the water, as long as you use some edge sealer on the graphic it will be fine below the water line!

I want from this:

To this:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.