AWGRIP paint problem >

AWGRIP paint problem

Notices

AWGRIP paint problem

Old 04-12-2013, 07:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clean

Thanks for the info guys. We sanded the boat down last nigh and water rinsed, SCRUBBED it with Comet and 3m gray pads, rinsed, SCRUBBED with ammonia. Going to try and get the water based DuPont cleaner today prior to paint. So far looks great. There is porosity in the gel coat but was not able to see any water break after final rinse. I am a bit worried to put any solvent based cleaner on the hull because of the Awlgrip paint that is already on it from a day ago.
going to their website now for info. I'll post some pics in a bit.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finished

Painted tonight. Turned out real nice. Cant wait to see it tomorrow after the paint levels out a bit more. Went with Flag Blue. Had one small spot where I touched the hull on the port side with a cleaning rag near a few test spots we sprayed and didn't notice the lint spot until after we sprayed the first coat! No biggie. When its in the water I won't see it.........
Thanks again for all the advise! Now to get my blower on my Scarab!!!!!!!