please evaluate these pics for me >

please evaluate these pics for me

Notices

please evaluate these pics for me

Old 08-21-2014, 09:55 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 151 Likes on 77 Posts

Sawsall blades even sheetrock saw w/handle works well to cut the foam..........but, do replace those fuel tanks!

Last edited by scippy; 08-21-2014 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Greater lenght in magnum forum
Old 08-21-2014, 10:57 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by glassdave
I am doing something similar with my Magnum. Because bilge access is so minimal a am making a custom hatch and rear seat assembly that all hinges up.

lookin good, never hurts to re think some of this old school stuff.
Dave.........hallelujah!!!......can you please advice when you get to this stage of alteration (pictures or sketches) I've been stuck on this for a long time and maybe easier said then done (you not me) but seems the best way to access the bilge rather than all the alternatives...............Thanks, Scippy
Old 08-21-2014, 11:20 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 259 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by scippy
Dave.........hallelujah!!!......can you please advice when you get to this stage of alteration (pictures or sketches) I've been stuck on this for a long time and maybe easier said then done (you not me) but seems the best way to access the bilge rather than all the alternatives...............Thanks, Scippy
im making a mold based on a really cool hatch I saw on a Mag up on saint clair except mine will be integrated with the rear seat. I'll keep oso in the loop
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

Last edited by glassdave; 08-21-2014 at 11:23 PM.
Old 08-22-2014, 08:56 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

wanting to do a hatch very similar to this one but integrated with rear seat. Not sure where this boat ended up but it was for sale up at Vicious Marine in Harrison Mi several years ago. Had small blocks with 174 blowers. I dont have any info on this hatch but it was definitely pulled from a mold, it was not a one off. Snapped a ton of pics of this boat also had a pretty cool early McCloud interior.
Attached Thumbnails please evaluate these pics for me-p1010037.jpg   please evaluate these pics for me-p1010038.jpg  
Old 08-22-2014, 12:35 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cool boat

28 pantera and 27 magnum are basically the same hull right?
Old 08-22-2014, 01:32 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

yup for the most part . . .
Old 08-22-2014, 02:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by glassdave
wanting to do a hatch very similar to this one but integrated with rear seat. Not sure where this boat ended up but it was for sale up at Vicious Marine in Harrison Mi several years ago. Had small blocks with 174 blowers. I dont have any info on this hatch but it was definitely pulled from a mold, it was not a one off. Snapped a ton of pics of this boat also had a pretty cool early McCloud interior.
Dave.......Applying the rear seat & hatch concept on the 27 sport is (in my opinnion) worthy and long overdue.....The issue of twin engine acessability for 27 has been tackled by a few(cudoo's to Mark & Bud's remendy to piano hinge rear seat down to alleviate cramp space) I've seen it somewhere on a westcoast single engine boat.. but having a "finesse" and molded one piece for a 27 sport would be the bomb!!!...............I would be interested!!

Last edited by scippy; 08-22-2014 at 02:29 PM.
Old 08-30-2014, 03:11 PM
Registered

I got the transom completely cleaned out and I made a pattern to cut out the okoume. It fits! Now, is it better to install the plywood one sheet at a time, or glue it together first then install it?
Old 08-30-2014, 03:19 PM
Registered

Old 08-30-2014, 08:58 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by murfman
I got the transom completely cleaned out and I made a pattern to cut out the okoume. It fits! Now, is it better to install the plywood one sheet at a time, or glue it together first then install it?
Putting it together outside the boat is the better way!......... on a flat surface (outside the boat) you work like a gentleman .....just think of laminating those pieces together (upright) and stacked in the bilge!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.