Notices

Royal Blue Wax

Old 09-06-2014, 06:39 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Royal Blue Wax

Anybody have any experience with Royal Blue Wax? heard good things about it just curious what other people that don't sell it have to say about it. how does it compare to collinite or mequires? does it have good uv protection? any input would be appreciated
Old 09-06-2014, 07:46 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 179 Likes on 66 Posts

Although I have exactly zero experience with that particular product, I have lots of experience with other products. Based on that, let me offer some thoughts. First, most folks have no real / scientific experience with this type of product. Second, any product that sounds good in an advertisement to these folks is almost automatically a "great product." Third, some advertising is a flat out lie. (The commercial where a guy brings back the black finish of a junkyard Nissan Altima by simply wiping the product on comes to mind here.) And finally, any product that says it will "restore your finish to like new condition, remove scratches, protect your car from the sun's UV rays, last through 1,000 commercial car washes, repel mud, dirt, crud and ugly women and goes on and comes off in less than 3 minutes" - is probably junk.

Does that help any?
Old 09-06-2014, 07:59 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

actually i think he was asking for anyone with any knowledge of the product not a lecture on how chitty commercials are dude
Old 09-06-2014, 10:05 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by ROB FREEMAN
actually i think he was asking for anyone with any knowledge of the product not a lecture on how chitty commercials are dude
And what I was trying (and possibly failing) to say was that most products do not scientifically live up to the hype. Adding to that, some folks rave about products without fully testing them. I can think of numerous products people have come to me raving about that didn't stand the test of time.
Old 09-06-2014, 11:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok, just putting some feelers out there before i make it worth my time waxing all day with it is all
Old 09-06-2014, 04:06 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Don't get me wrong, this stuff might actually be a great product. But before I'd dive in and buy / use it, I'd talk to at least a couple of knowledgeable folks who've used it for at least a year. I know of many products that go on and come off easy and look great - for a couple of weeks. Then they fade away just as fast. (Cherry Wet Wax comes to mind here.) And if you have a product you already use and like, stay with it.

For instance, we had a guy walk into the marina last year asking about a new wax for his 1987 Wellcraft - which he happened to have with him. Of course they sent him to me and he explained that he wanted to try something different after all these years. I asked to look at his boat and the darn thing was drop dead gorgeous. I asked him what he'd been using and he said Simonize Furniture Polish. I told him that although I could recommend a newer and possibly better product from my experience, I found it hard to argue with the results he'd gotten with and age old - and incorrectly used - older product. I suggested he just stay with it. He then said I was the first guy he thought he could actually believe.

Hope that helps!