Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Fiberglass and Paint
bottom paint for fresh water boat >

bottom paint for fresh water boat

Notices

bottom paint for fresh water boat

Old 08-04-2015, 01:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had my checkmate done with the interlux vc epoxy with talon to cover where the previous owner bottom po ainted it held up very well, hard as hell, no issues on bunk trailer
Old 08-05-2015, 08:58 AM
Registered

Received 734 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by befu
Would you mind posting what type of paint, how applied and any other particulars that might help others decide what path to go? I have a 1963 17' Hydrodyne that I re-cored, need to decide what to do with the bottom. Going to start a new thread here. I know it is not an offshore boat, but I trust the feedback here of people quite a bit.

Brian
It was a Interlux product and cannot recall what the product was called then. It was applied to a sanded and clean bottom using foam rollers and has a orange peel surface. The work was done by a very good glass pro in Holland, Mi.
Ed
Old 08-05-2015, 08:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keith what kind of boat is it? If it's a offshore boat in good condition, I'm with the others who have suggested not to touch it. If it's something else, I could see painting it. I can only assume it's an offshore or you probably would be on the site unless it's just for advice.