Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Fiberglass and Paint
Engine Hatch/Sun Pad Materials? >

Engine Hatch/Sun Pad Materials?

Notices

Engine Hatch/Sun Pad Materials?

Old 02-18-2024, 08:36 PM
  #1  
Registered
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 426
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking Engine Hatch/Sun Pad Materials?

Engine Hatch/Sun Pad Materials?
I have used Coosa in the past but want to make an Engine Hatch/Sun Pad lighter and am thinking of Nidaplast or Divinycell.

What would you recommend and how thick? the hatch is supported at the perimeter and is ~7x5 feel.
Thanks
cyrus77 is offline  
Old 02-19-2024, 04:43 PM
  #2  
Registered
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: North Andover MA
Posts: 14
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by cyrus77
Engine Hatch/Sun Pad Materials?
I have used Coosa in the past but want to make an Engine Hatch/Sun Pad lighter and am thinking of Nidaplast or Divinycell.

What would you recommend and how thick? the hatch is supported at the perimeter and is ~7x5 feel.
Thanks
I am making one out of Divinycell H80 right now its 1/2 inch thick with a support running down the center that the hatch ram will connect to. It is strong! I'll put it on the scale tonight and see how much it weights.
clavoie629 is offline  
Old 02-20-2024, 11:31 AM
  #3  
Registered
 
Join Date: Oct 2022
Location: WI
Posts: 117
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
Default

Also interested to see what options are out there for hatches - my ram is off-center and when it opens it currently leans to the non-supported side. Original fiberglass for the scarab and it's heavy!
CheckmateScarab is offline  
Old 02-28-2024, 08:59 AM
  #4  
Registered
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 426
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by clavoie629
I am making one out of Divinycell H80 right now its 1/2 inch thick with a support running down the center that the hatch ram will connect to. It is strong! I'll put it on the scale tonight and see how much it weights.
UPdate? What did you put on top an bottom of teh Divinycell, Fiberglass or another material?

cyrus77 is offline  
Old 03-07-2024, 04:36 PM
  #5  
Registered
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: North Andover MA
Posts: 14
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by cyrus77
UPdate? What did you put on top an bottom of teh Divinycell, Fiberglass or another material?
1708 on both sides of the Divinycell it weights about 75-80 pounds but it is for a 32 AT so in has the seat back molded into it.
clavoie629 is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.