Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Formula (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/formula-36/)
-   -   Anyone else selling their Formula w/twin big blocks? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/formula/100903-anyone-else-selling-their-formula-w-twin-big-blocks.html)

toolman 04-17-2005 08:37 PM

Anyone else selling their Formula w/twin big blocks?

Besides me, anyone else selling their twin engine Formula?

I have many reasons for selling mine. (Just started a new business and could use the extra $$$)
Anyone else feeling the pinch of high gas prices?

I hate to see her go, but I figure I can go bigger and faster in a few years when finances are better.

292SR1 04-17-2005 09:44 PM

Re: Anyone else selling their Formula w/twin big blocks?

Would only do so to go bigger!

Season is short in this climate so have to make the most of it.

Not like I drive it to work everyday so gas cost :drink: a necessary evil.

offshoredrillin 04-18-2005 05:28 AM

Thats the reason mine is for sale, the 311 has been replaced w/ a 42 Tiger.

lonestar382 04-18-2005 07:03 AM

Mine is for sale, looking for a TS Tiger or TS Gun.

hotrodboats 04-18-2005 07:35 AM

I do understand about needing $$ for a new company I did it a few years ago but in long run it will be worth it I have a 312 at nelems marine for sale ,I bougt a 353 and did not need both boats. It is not easy to let go but give it acouple of years and there is always another one to be found.

Croozin2 04-19-2005 04:01 PM

<<Mine is for sale, looking for a TS Tiger or TS Gun.>>

Me too, Lonestar. Just looking for a TG, step or not. But looking for the "right" one. The search can get long and frustrating but the right one is always out there.

Anybody know if the Poker Run edition 382 that was for sale in the classifieds ever sold? Looked to be a spotless boat but I can't do anything till mine goes bye bye. :(

wrinkleface 04-19-2005 04:09 PM

Check out the thread here at the Formula page I posted earlier today :D ! Wrink

chuck21401 04-19-2005 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by toolman

Earlier this year I was very ready to sell my 242LS and move up to something bigger like a 311 with big blocks. I can afford the boat, the insurance, maintenance and the storage. But as I ran the numbers the price of fuel did not compute. We use our boat every Saturday and Sunday from April --> October. If I bought a bigger boat with twins I couldn't afford the gas at $3 or so a gallon and would end up sitting rather than boating. So I bought another toy car instead and will able to get in a full season of boating. In my case less is more!

PhantomChaos 04-19-2005 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by toolman

Sure..........but pricing is going to come down any day now!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D :D :D

t500hps 04-19-2005 08:35 PM

Mine could have been bought real cheap Sunday. Lost a motor!
Hoping to put off complete re-builds til winter, but apparently my winter has already started. Just took the boat to the mechanic. 2 rebuilds, 1/ maybe 2 new gimbals, will be cleaning/ painting most everything in the bilge while it's empty.