Notices
Formula

Carb

Old 06-25-2005, 11:06 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Carb

Well It looked a little rough on the inside and the outside needed some TLC but hey if you saw my boat it looked twice as bad when I first got it.....Your boat looks solid enough though. Just gotta do alot of the little things! I know I spent 5 years getting the little things straight. Great thing about Formula's is the fact that that is usually all you have to do to an older bird. How is your cabin? As far as your gas I Doubt you got all that water from one place....If you didn't fill her up or have fresh gas in her before storage that might be some of the problem...Has the boat been sitting alot between usuage? If it was me I would buy several fuel/water seperators and change them every hour or so of use till you are sure no water is still left in the tank..........I think I read you go to Ceasers Creek somewhere...When do you usually go? Hope to make it out tommorow. If you see me out just wave!
Attached Thumbnails Carb-mvc-007f.jpg   Carb-mvc-013f.jpg  

Last edited by BAD-HABIT; 06-25-2005 at 11:10 AM.
Old 06-25-2005, 11:36 AM
Registered

I would HIGHLY reccomend YIPES STRIPES for all stripes and decals.....They have done several jobs for me and are priced fair and have an outstanding reputation.....just my .02cents
Old 06-25-2005, 11:43 AM
NO WAKE ENFORCER
Platinum Member

my dad was the original owner bought it new when I was 9, cabin is in great shape ( red veluer LOL )except for the carpet, the bilge area in the cabin is killing the carpet with water. The inside cleans up well, the sundeck makes me want to puke but one thing at a time. A new cover is next after this bill, the front seats are in good condition and everything works inside the vents you probly saw missing are in my garage (painting them). He pumped out my tank but thats a good idea about the new filters. Do I need to prime those with gas or just screw them on? About it sitting between uses, I usally use it at least 4-5 times a month, but I was having this carb issue at the end of last seaon so I didnt fill it up before storage. I am just glad the tank is ok ($$$$$) next project is to see why my trim tabs arent working, when I push the buttons it does nothing but it draws a huge amount of current according to the volt gauge

here is my to do list for hopefully this year
new trailer tires
new cover
new snap-in (lost in buddies shed fire)
sundeck recovered and bottom of back seat recovered

1+ years down the road
repaint
tubular swim platform
then start going for more power
switch outdrive to bravo 1 or better
ect.. ect ... ect

you see anything I might be missing?

might be at ceasars creek tomm in my buddies rinker if I see ya Ill give you a wave

by the way sweet boat where did you get the paint work done? I will check out yipes they do good work

Last edited by 88formula223; 06-25-2005 at 11:45 AM.
Old 06-25-2005, 02:06 PM
Registered

Are you sure it's not the anchor drain that is draining into the cabin?
Old 06-25-2005, 02:16 PM
NO WAKE ENFORCER
Platinum Member

where is the anchor drain located? do you think that could be my problem?

thanks PJ
Old 06-25-2005, 07:38 PM
Registered

Mine was located up front about 1/2 way down and 2-4 inches back of where the hull sides come together on the front of the boat. It was about 1/4" in dia.

BH
Attached Thumbnails Carb-mvc-001f.jpg  

Last edited by BAD-HABIT; 06-25-2005 at 07:51 PM.
Old 06-26-2005, 01:22 PM
NO WAKE ENFORCER
Platinum Member

I thought that was what you where talking about. Is there a plug for it or how does it work ( boat still at mvm so I can't just go look at it)

thanks for the pics and all the help
PJ
Old 06-26-2005, 03:06 PM
Registered

IF I remember after talking to Formula they told me it was a drain for the anchor locker.....I don't have one(anchor locker) but it drains from the hole into the floor of the cockpit....Bad and sloppy design...I put some Marine-Tex on the inside and filled it with silicone on the outside. Alot of other brands have a clam-shell cover over it with the opening facing the back of the boat......
Old 06-27-2005, 11:32 AM
NO WAKE ENFORCER
Platinum Member

thanks, I will do the same when I get the boat back

PJ
Old 06-27-2005, 08:48 PM
Registered

Any news on your Carb? I had Tons of problems with my Old Holley....Just get yourself a good Barry Grant from Jegs...You will NEVER regret it....

Quick Reply: Carb

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.