Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Formula (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/formula-36/)
-   -   My summer project (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/formula/113819-my-summer-project.html)

masi242 10-06-2005 08:58 AM

My summer project

2 Attachment(s)
I bought my 242 four years ago an it came with a galvinized trailer ugly as sin even with cleaning it up. So I thought I would try to convert it to a bunk trailer. I bought some hardware online went to Home Depot for some wood an some paint and went to work.

I know I should have spent more money on the motor but it only has 150 hours on it.

Before

masi242 10-06-2005 09:02 AM

Re: My summer project

3 Attachment(s)
It`s all finished now and the boat goes on so easy, all those rollers scared me :D

t500hps 10-06-2005 09:18 AM

That looks awesome. How wide are the main bunks? They look a little too close together in the pics.
I hate roller trailers too. Also, I will be adding a center set of bunks to mine this winter like you have.

Audiofn 10-06-2005 11:36 AM

That is the oddest looking trailer that I have ever seen. HUGE improvement however and those bunks are much better for the bottom.

Jon

masi242 10-06-2005 01:14 PM

Thanks guys, yes the bunks are a little close together but the boat is very stable.

Audio, I have called many things but ODD :D

Oh ya, I also saved about 3K :D

mopower 10-06-2005 02:10 PM

Quite an improvement :cool: . Glad to see someone else getting their hands dirty for a change :D :D
BTW. My engines are staying in this winter.

(so far)

masi242 10-06-2005 05:52 PM

Mo, changing engines would only be fun if a Freebe came my way :D

Hope your season went well

mark

masi242 04-05-2012 07:35 PM

Yes I know this thread is over 7 years old befu might use some of this info or at least something to go by. With having bunks makes it much easier to put the boat back on the trailer. Yes I spared no expense on the paint job rustolium white:thankyouthankyou:

befu 04-05-2012 08:30 PM

Thank you for bringing this to the top so I could see it.

How long are the outside bunks and what dimension lumber did you make them from?

I was looking at mine and figured I would paint it gloss black with yellow rims and lettering to match the boat.

Brian

aquaforce 04-06-2012 10:02 AM

I ordered a brand new ACE aluminum trailer out of Florida in 06. The center bunks came narrow inset like you did with yours Masi242. I set them further out at the frame of the trailer but this narrow inset is where the stringers are in the hull which is probably a better rest for the boat.

I might change mine back to the narrow position now that I think more about it. My boat is a trailer queen so it rests there a lot. Sitting directly on the stringer area is probably the best position for the bunks.