Notices
Formula

Off Topic-BMW

Old 04-11-2007, 11:13 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Off Topic-BMW

Maybe ya'll will have some input. Karen thinks she wants a BMW Z4 M coupe. I have a Formula customer in CA that has a dealership so getting a good price is no problem,but I'm a truck guy,know nothing about cars. I would never drive it,but would Karen enjoy it? Seems like nothing more than a small,expensive hot rod,with no room for my labs. Am I getting too old?What are your thoughts,pro or con?Don't worry about hurting my feelings,I need input
Old 04-12-2007, 06:27 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Robert,

I have a BMW X5. Cannot beat the safety features, engineering, and handling of a BMW. Definately a high quality vehicle.

They are a bit more expensive to maintain after the warranty/service agreement expires. Dealer brake job on my X5 was quoted over $1000, but that replaces pads and rotors as BMW rotors are tapered and cannot be shaved.

What about a convertible 3 series with sport package?
Old 04-12-2007, 10:56 AM
Registered

Magicfloat, You Asked.....

1- It's Small, Certainly No Room For Labs, Nor Groceries.

2- It's Low. Think Doing Deep Knee Bends Or Genuflecting To Get In. No Problem Initially, But After A While It Gets To Be B.s.
Also Low Compared To Other Vehicles, I'm Talkin' Much Below The Eye Sight Line Of Sedans Not Trucks. Hence, Some Concern For Safety.

3- Far Be It From Me As A Totle Stranger To Make A Suggestion But..., If She's Hell Bent On Bmw, Consider The New 3 Coupe Or The 2 Door 4 Passenger Convertible. Both Very Cool. The 3 Coupe Is Brand Spanking New To The Market. Both It And The Convertible Have Head Turning Sex Appeal, And Also Space.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:05 AM
Registered

Last year I purchased a Z-3 for my wife, and I cannot believe how much we drive it. What a great car! i have 5 licensed vehicles and last summer we put 18,000 miles on the Z while the others sat. You say you would not most likely drive it but wait until you do . You will change your mind I will bet.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:15 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I owned a M3 years ago and swore I would never own another BMW. Too many costly issues all of the time!!!

Lexus for us
Old 04-12-2007, 11:51 AM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Is it true I can't even get the oil changed at the local Jiffy Lube?
Old 04-12-2007, 11:59 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Magicfloat
Is it true I can't even get the oil changed at the local Jiffy Lube?
Why would you want to??? All new BMW's come with free scheduled maintenance program. free oil changes for life, brake pads, wiper blades air filters,top everything off... etc..etc.. are all covered under the umbrella...
Old 04-12-2007, 12:12 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Robert that is the basic car that my wife had out in Cali and she is so sad that she had to get rid of it on the move back to MA. It was a LOT of fun to drive. I thought I would hate it but then drove the thing. I wish we still had it from time to time.

Do yourself a favor and go and drive it, you will want one 2

Jon
Old 04-12-2007, 12:15 PM
Registered

Received 160 Likes on 72 Posts

We have a 2004 BMW M3.... No problems so far, 39,xxx miles. Never been in the Z4 but its a rocket with the 330hp M engine. Please dont get it changed at Jiffy Lube, I wouldnt trust them. Also, BMW says to get the oil changed every 15,000 miles. I wouldnt go more than 7,500 at the most. Most people do between 3,000-5000 . Im not aware of any z4 forums, but go to m3forum.com most people there are using castrol TWS 10w60 oil.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:10 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

I guess my concern is the closest dealer is an hour and a half away,plus I will be buying from a Formula customer out of state and they might not like that. Mostly it is just the convenience of local normal maintenance has always been so easy with my Chevy trucks and Toyota Sequoias. But probrably moot points anyway,cause if Karen wants this car,guess what will happen?

Last edited by Magicfloat; 04-12-2007 at 02:47 PM.

Quick Reply: Off Topic-BMW

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.