Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Formula (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/formula-36/)
-   -   new Fastech steering wheels (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/formula/164745-new-fastech-steering-wheels.html)

4mulafastech 07-29-2007 12:44 PM

new Fastech steering wheels

3 Attachment(s)
Since new I have had problems with the colored inserts unwrapping over time on my steering wheel. Replaced them three times. I want to go with a completely new steering wheel and noticed Formula changed to a new design. What do you guys think? Not sure how the hard surface will hold up against getting scratched from rings on the fingers and such... I assume this new wheel will bolt right up to the existing hub(?). Let see some of your wheels!:circle:

Magicfloat 07-29-2007 02:14 PM

We bought the 08 353 and 382 photo boats, the ones in your photos. New wheels look killer!Thought the hard inserts would be uncomfortable,but ran the 353 in a 4 hour Poker Run yesterday,no issues at all and they really do look nice.

dukenrock 07-29-2007 05:14 PM

I saw Vic's in Chicago and complimented on it. I thought it looked great!

Spicy 07-29-2007 06:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I replaced my steering wheel this past winter on my 400SS.... Trick Marine

4mulafastech 07-29-2007 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Magicfloat (Post 2215679)
We bought the 08 353 and 382 photo boats, the ones in your photos. New wheels look killer!Thought the hard inserts would be uncomfortable,but ran the 353 in a 4 hour Poker Run yesterday,no issues at all and they really do look nice.

Robert, I think they look pretty killer too! The additional chrome accents go well with the chrome bezels and throttles, along with some more color. Do you think they would have one that matches my dash? I think Formula only had that dash color in the 2006 model year. If so, how much $$ if I purchased through you? And does it use the same hub as the earlier wheels? Thanks!:cool-smiley-011:

4mulafastech 07-29-2007 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by Spicy (Post 2215840)
I replaced my steering wheel this past winter on my 400SS.... Trick Marine

Looks sharp, Spicy!

Magicfloat 07-29-2007 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by 4mulafastech (Post 2215933)
Robert, I think they look pretty killer too! The additional chrome accents go well with the chrome bezels and throttles, along with some more color. Do you think they would have one that matches my dash? I think Formula only had that dash color in the 2006 model year. If so, how much $$ if I purchased through you? And does it use the same hub as the earlier wheels? Thanks!:cool-smiley-011:

Hubs are all the same.Will have to check on colors, but I bet Trick Marine can supply the same wheel at possibly a lower price. Haven't had time to see what brand wheel they are using,but I think Fred will know from the pics.Email him this thread

axapowell 07-29-2007 10:48 PM

I already upgraded to the Red one!!! :party-smiley-048:

Awesome wheel. Isotta Aria Metallica and I love it!!

Dave

Spicy 07-30-2007 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by Magicfloat (Post 2215984)
Hubs are all the same.Will have to check on colors, but I bet Trick Marine can supply the same wheel at possibly a lower price. Haven't had time to see what brand wheel they are using,but I think Fred will know from the pics.Email him this thread

I got a quote from my local Formula Dealer for a wooden style Formula wheel, it was over $625 from the factory, Fred hooked me up with a nicer looking wheel in my opinion at less then half of that number......:D :D

Too Old 07-30-2007 09:42 AM

The new steering wheels are manufactured by Isotta in Italy.

Probably the prettiest wheel I've ever seen.

We currently have them in stock in platinum/silver, red or blue.

I'd be happy to quote anyone an OSO "good guy" price.:cool-smiley-011:

Fred
Trick Marine
866 921 4553
www.trickmarine.net