Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Formula (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/formula-36/)
-   -   Where to find Militray rocker switch covers? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/formula/176741-where-find-militray-rocker-switch-covers.html)

MOERON 01-05-2008 10:47 AM

Where to find Militray rocker switch covers?

I want to replace the rocker switch covers for my trim and tabs buit I dont know where to find them, I have tried searching on the web with no luck. I saw what I think is silver on a new Formula but I could be wrong, any ideas?

t500hps 01-05-2008 12:29 PM

I've been working a a deal with Bennett who manufactures the switches for Formula. They sent me a few covers that were laying around the shop and were not acceptable for various reasons. I'm now trying to talk them into selling me an entire lot of the covers because you are probably only the 1,814 person who has been looking for them!! :D So far, no luck. These are covers they buy and assemble with other products to make the entire switch. Since it's not a seperate inventory item they "can't" sell them to me. Hopefully I can convince them to sell me an entire box of them....I'll contact them again next week.

BTW: The covers are different depending on the year Formula you have....my 98 had one style, my curent 02 has another.

LAKESIDE RESTORATIONS 01-05-2008 04:14 PM

I can get some, but I believe I have to get the switch with them.. Do you have a pic of yours?? :) Jamie / Lakeside

MOERON 01-05-2008 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by DONZI33 (Post 2394635)
I can get some, but I believe I have to get the switch with them.. Do you have a pic of yours?? :) Jamie / Lakeside

I will see if I can get some pics. Are they the same switches with different covers? I was told by a shop that the rocker switches were all the same for trim/tabs with different covers. I would be willing to get new switches and covers if I can get silver covers.

Thanks

MOERON 01-05-2008 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by t500hps (Post 2394438)
I've been working a a deal with Bennett who manufactures the switches for Formula. They sent me a few covers that were laying around the shop and were not acceptable for various reasons. I'm now trying to talk them into selling me an entire lot of the covers because you are probably only the 1,814 person who has been looking for them!! :D So far, no luck. These are covers they buy and assemble with other products to make the entire switch. Since it's not a seperate inventory item they "can't" sell them to me. Hopefully I can convince them to sell me an entire box of them....I'll contact them again next week.

BTW: The covers are different depending on the year Formula you have....my 98 had one style, my curent 02 has another.

Are the switches the same with different covers? Do they make a silver or is that my mind going crazy again?

LAKESIDE RESTORATIONS 01-05-2008 06:25 PM

I just checked my vendor info, I only show red covers by themselves.. Sorry.. Although if that would work let me know.. :) Jamie / Lakeside

MOERON 01-05-2008 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by DONZI33 (Post 2394753)
I just checked my vendor info, I only show red covers by themselves.. Sorry.. Although if that would work let me know.. :) Jamie / Lakeside

I will thanks for your help!

LAKESIDE RESTORATIONS 01-05-2008 07:40 PM

No problem Im here if you need me.. :) Jamie

45SS 01-06-2008 09:45 AM

Try a company called carling they have a million diffrent types. I think what you are looking for is there J- contra series switch which is for marine use and comes in many diffrent colors and lighting options

axapowell 01-08-2008 07:06 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Are these the ones you are looking for?