Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Formula (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/formula-36/)
-   -   Funny tread in General Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/formula/178733-funny-tread-general-discussion.html)

Magicfloat 01-31-2008 11:36 AM

Funny tread in General Discussion

Titled "35 Nordic vs 353". I won't respond there cause I don't want to use GD to try to sell a boat.But it is interesting.Read it and see what you think.

Knot 4 Me 01-31-2008 01:52 PM

I responded to it in the GD. Other than both being 35' boats, it is like comparing apples to oranges. Two totally different animals IMO. I love the looks and speed of a Flame, but if I'm investing that kind of money in a ride I'm putting it into the superiorly constructed boat.

FRMULTR 01-31-2008 05:39 PM

What ever comment that I would make would just end up pi$$ing somebody off, so I will remain neutral. But then again, you can see what I bought.

Rippem 01-31-2008 06:07 PM

not even worth replying to in GD.

resale on a Nordic implied to be better than a Formula?
what about brand recognition?
factory support, even well down the road?
Formula an "old man's boat?

what a joke that thread and a couple of the posts are...:rolleyes:

JaayTeee 01-31-2008 06:41 PM

I can't believe none of you guys called them on the
" only does 75 with 525's":rolleyes:
( post # 3)

Some of the backers of the lesser know, smaller
volume builders get a little exited at times ;)

I'm a Baja owner, we get this crap daily ;)

Formula builds a nice boat:cool-smiley-027:

Rippem 01-31-2008 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by JaayTeee (Post 2428188)
I can't believe none of you guys called them on the
only does 75 with 525's :rolleyes:
( post # 3)

that was especially entertaining...

TCBoss302 02-01-2008 08:35 AM

I'm the guy that started the tread in GD and I would love to here your thoughts on the Formula. Are these 2 boats truly apples to oranges?? I have recently (last weekend) been on both of these boats and the fit and finish on both seem to be great. I would agree that name recognition is going to be MUCH better with the Formula. Don't know about support as I have never owned either of these boats.

Instead of a comparison, can you all tell me why you went with Formula? Thanks again and I certainly did not intend for my thread in GD to be negative toward Formula. In fact, I may be buying one very soon!

Rippem 02-01-2008 09:05 AM

who wants to step up first. :D

Ragged? :p

axapowell 02-01-2008 10:26 AM

I'll go first...

I've owned three Formulas. The customer support, even on the older ones, was spot on. From all the other threads i've seen this is the norm. The owners of boats from other manufactures seem to always bit*h about support. Never happens here on the Formula forum.

Well built, very good resale, and customer support. No problems here. And if you want an old man's boat, get a cruiser. Comfort and smooth ride is where it's at with a Formula. Give 'em a little power and they will most likely meet your speed goal. You want a faster boat? Look for a brand that spends more time on their bottom technology (ie: Fountain). Formula is more about comfort with the creature comforts. My $.02

Dave

TCBoss302 02-01-2008 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by axapowell (Post 2428798)
I'll go first...

I've owned three Formulas. The customer support, even on the older ones, was spot on. From all the other threads i've seen this is the norm. The owners of boats from other manufactures seem to always bit*h about support. Never happens here on the Formula forum.

Well built, very good resale, and customer support. No problems here. And if you want an old man's boat, get a cruiser. Comfort and smooth ride is where it's at with a Formula. Give 'em a little power and they will most likely meet your speed goal. You want a faster boat? Look for a brand that spends more time on their bottom technology (ie: Fountain). Formula is more about comfort with the creature comforts. My $.02

Dave

Thanks Dave. It's very encouraging to keep hearing how comfortable the Formula is. As for speed, I'm not looking to go 100 MPH. Yes, the faster the better, but I have 2 young children so I want an extra helping of safety with my boat. 80+ with 525's is certainly not an old man's boat!!