Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Formula (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/formula-36/)
-   -   Need an old Kenwood amp KAC-521 I think (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/formula/181011-need-old-kenwood-amp-kac-521-i-think.html)

handfulz28 02-28-2008 03:33 PM

Need an old Kenwood amp KAC-521 I think

Forgot to write the darn number down. I finally figured out why I couldn't hear my cabin speakers. Radio and speakers work fine but one amp isn't working. I imagine these old amps will be hard to come by. I wonder if the wiring harness/plug is the same as the newer Kenwood amps Formula uses?

Treads 02-28-2008 04:38 PM

Maybe check with Crutchfield, they carry a marine line now, and have units to connect to the older style.

got twins ? 02-28-2008 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by handfulz28 (Post 2464711)
Forgot to write the darn number down. I finally figured out why I couldn't hear my cabin speakers. Radio and speakers work fine but one amp isn't working. I imagine these old amps will be hard to come by. I wonder if the wiring harness/plug is the same as the newer Kenwood amps Formula uses?

Michael,

Are you looking for this Kenwood amp ..... if so I might have that orginal in my archive box of things i replaced from my 311last summer ..... of which was the whole stereo sound system.
If I still have it ..... it's yours Happy Birthday ..... just have to figure out shipping. I will check, in the next couple of days. I am off snowmobiling for the weekend.

Jeff

handfulz28 02-28-2008 09:36 PM

Awesome Jeff, thanks! have fun but be safe...tell the wife where the box of Formula goodies are! Haha
:D

ZIP: 33073

got twins ? 03-05-2008 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by handfulz28 (Post 2465313)
Awesome Jeff, thanks! have fun but be safe...tell the wife where the box of Formula goodies are! Haha
:D

ZIP: 33073

Hey Michael,

Sorry for the delay, I went to my box of goodies and there was the amp ...... So I called my stereo guy and he informed me that the amp was toast someone had already fryed it or there was some water damage. Either way it is junk so I kicked it to the curb.
I will keep my eyes and ears open there are a couple of guys near me who have 311s ...... I will see what they have or had. One of my buddies wants to do what I did last summer as far as putting in the new system.

Once again sorry I couldn't help out.

Jeff

handfulz28 03-05-2008 01:48 PM

Hey Jeff, no worries. I appreciate the effort.

I just need to suck it up and buy a new amp that'll power all the speakers. Then buy a head unit that will accomodate a seperate subwoofer channel. then buy a new subwoofer setup. And maybe some good components. And a couple of remote controls.

Then I'll be set! :D

got twins ? 03-05-2008 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by handfulz28 (Post 2472333)
Hey Jeff, no worries. I appreciate the effort.

I just need to suck it up and buy a new amp that'll power all the speakers. Then buy a head unit that will accomodate a seperate subwoofer channel. then buy a new subwoofer setup. And maybe some good components. And a couple of remote controls.

Then I'll be set! :D

Michael,

I put Clarion cd deck with XM and a aux port for an ipod and two remotes with the LCD screen on them and JL Audio speakers and sub with a JL Audio amp and it rocks. In the cabin I ran the front Vberth speakers on the deck and the rest off the amp.
4 X 6.5" cockpit
1 x 10" cockpit
2 x 6.5" Vberth
1 remote on the throttle column facing the the inside of the cockpit (just enough room)
1 remote just above the rub rail ( on the flat band across the stern) on the stern of the boat so you use it in the water.

All the products are waterproof and sound awesome.
If you are interested in this let me know I will tell you how to mount the sub and where and the amp and where.

Jeff