Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Formula (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/formula-36/)
-   -   Bimini Storage (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/formula/206013-bimini-storage.html)

kfvintx 04-01-2009 05:31 PM

Bimini Storage

Does anyone have tips/tricks or better yet a pic of how the bimini is stored on 292 (or any I guess) under engine hatch? I've tried a couple different ways and it just doesn't seem to fit where I think it should with the brackets along the back of the lower seat part.

Thanks in advance.

Shameless 04-01-2009 06:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here ya go...

kfvintx 04-01-2009 11:16 PM

Thanks. That pretty much looks like what I was trying. I only played with it for a few minutes... maybe I will get the wife out the to help also. At least I know it is doable now :drink:

Splitdecision271 04-02-2009 10:23 AM

You kind of have to muscle it in. It's better to use two people to avoid accidents from happening. I usually wrap a towel around the ends when pulling out & putting away to avoid any scratching or holes in the vinyl. I used it only a handful of times out on the water last year. Not that it's a pain to set up, once you work out a system it can be up in a matter of minutes. It is a nice extra to have it you really want to escape the sun.

kfvintx 04-02-2009 11:00 AM

I think that may be part of my problem is that I was trying to do by myself and I kept running into getting the posts too wide for the compartment wanting to scratch the sides. But at the same time I couldn't squeeze the posts together any by myself and was trying to go at it from different angles.

Now that I type this I'm sure it looked pretty funny.

Shameless 04-02-2009 02:33 PM

I have only used mine one weekend, but from my experience, getting it back into the bilge is a 2 person job.

cabin fever 04-02-2009 03:20 PM

Bill,
your still alive. How you been? Boat looks great as always.
-Shane

Splitdecision271 04-02-2009 03:36 PM

Definately a two person job. We have a system in place that when we pull it out we're not flipping it this way and that. We just pull it out, I hold it while the wife lowers the hatch. We then let it rest on the headrest of the bench seats as we connect it to the back mounts. Then up it goes and we connect the front mounts and straps. Just the reverse of that when putting it away.

To be honest it doesn't look all that bad when it's up either.

Shameless 04-02-2009 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by cabin fever (Post 2834729)
Bill,
your still alive. How you been? Boat looks great as always.
-Shane

Hey Shane! Yeah, still alive! Spending my winter redoing my little checkmate!!! Should be all done in the next two weeks!!! Thanks on the compliments!!!! Ihope all is well in the middle of the state for ya!!! When ya coming to the Miss?!?!?

FRMULTR 04-03-2009 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by Shameless (Post 2834194)
here ya go...

Bill, I can't believe, as meticulus as you are, that the Formula logo on your bimini is upside down in your bilge. Whats this world coming to!! :p:p:p