Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Formula (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/formula-36/)
-   -   Possibly Selling my Silent Thunder platform. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/formula/218878-possibly-selling-my-silent-thunder-platform.html)

NOMO 10-20-2009 08:14 PM

Possibly Selling my Silent Thunder platform.

I am considering selling my silent thunder platform off my 311. I dont know what its worth but I will not "give it away" as it will be next to impossible to replace. Any ideas on a $$?

Thanks

ThirdBird 10-21-2009 06:31 AM

Shipping costs would be a killer. Got pictures? Price is a big question mark. There's really no market to compare to. It's just a case of making a deal with someone who needs one. I know they're irreplaceable, but, unless someone crunched one and really wants another, there's no market.

I've got some minor hair line cracks in mine. May be interested but not for huge money. It would have to be mint as mine is pretty nice. The cracks are very minor. Probably have to paint yours too. Toss some pictures up and we'll see where it goes.

t500hps 10-21-2009 07:57 AM

Personally......If I took it off (which I wouldn't) I would never sell it. Those old school SR-1's look much better WITH the factory platform IMO and as you are aware, if you ever wanted to put one back on, you'd never find another one for sale.

NOMO 10-21-2009 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by t500hps (Post 2976706)
Personally......If I took it off (which I wouldn't) I would never sell it. Those old school SR-1's look much better WITH the factory platform IMO and as you are aware, if you ever wanted to put one back on, you'd never find another one for sale.

I prefer the aluminum platform look myself and I am sick of carrying around water, plus it sets you apart from other Formulas.

Mentalpause 10-21-2009 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by NOMO (Post 2976991)
I prefer the aluminum platform look myself and I am sick of carrying around water, plus it sets you apart from other Formulas.

I bet the aluminum platform will depreciate value too, so it would be best to keep the original one to put back on at resale.

flyby 10-21-2009 08:53 PM

I took mine off and now it hangs in the man cave as part of my Formula shrine. I spent a lot of money and effort to make my big dogs bark then, the mufflers bummed me out everytime we started up at poker runs. The only way I could tell if they were running was to look at the tacks. It's too late tonight....tomorrow I'll post some pics of my silent thunder shrine. By the way, we only use the thumping sound system at dock these days.....can't hear it while runnning...

jaybird 10-21-2009 09:40 PM

Many folks here gave theirs away to other members to be cool so not sure what it would sell for. I'd say keep it for resale later, but if you want it out don't expect much as others could just repair theirs as opposed to shipping , plus matching paint . It would be a rare case for someone to buy a boat w/o platform and really want one.

5PMSMWHR 10-22-2009 11:14 AM

The one on my 353 was ratchet strapped to the back of my trailer when I took delivery of the boat and will most likely be the same way when I sell.

NOMO 10-22-2009 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by jaybird (Post 2977251)
Many folks here gave theirs away to other members to be cool so not sure what it would sell for. I'd say keep it for resale later, but if you want it out don't expect much as others could just repair theirs as opposed to shipping , plus matching paint . It would be a rare case for someone to buy a boat w/o platform and really want one.

It will have a more functional aluminum platfrom with a better ladder mounted between the drives rather than a ladder over a drive so you can kick the prop when boarding.

NOMO 10-22-2009 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Mentalpause (Post 2977111)
I bet the aluminum platform will depreciate value too, so it would be best to keep the original one to put back on at resale.

Like values are high in this market anyway? I am not planning on selling after the new motors go in.