Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Formula (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/formula-36/)
-   -   382 Bow Light (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/formula/227349-382-bow-light.html)

PremierPOWER 03-29-2010 02:41 PM

382 Bow Light

I am trying to change out the bow light. The two mounting screws just spin free. Does anyone know if they are nutted from the inside? If so, how do I access that area of the bow?

Thanks,

Andy

t500hps 03-29-2010 03:28 PM

I seem to remember you can remove the mirror in the cabin bow......lift up the cushions and look for 2 mounting brackets screwed into the "floor". Once the screws are removed you should be able to pulle the bottom down/out (towards you) to remove and get in there. Whether you can see the back of the light once in there I have no idea.

Barrydet 03-29-2010 04:27 PM

bow lamp

I had a hankerin' to upfit to a LED bow light on both my previous 312 and current 353. You are correct-the screws do have nuts on the inside. I was able to reach inside the anchor door and slide a needle nose pliers up to and grip the nut. It took a lot of swearing, but I got 'em loose. The inside shell of the anchor locker does not go all the way up to the deck on the 312 and 353. I used an adhesive on my longest finger to hold the nut in place for the new installation. I did not want to drop the new nuts. Find somebody with long, skinny fingers.

t500hps 03-29-2010 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Barrydet (Post 3077430)
I had a hankerin' to upfit to a LED bow light on both my previous 312 and current 353. You are correct-the screws do have nuts on the inside. I was able to reach inside the anchor door and slide a needle nose pliers up to and grip the nut. It took a lot of swearing, but I got 'em loose. The inside shell of the anchor locker does not go all the way up to the deck on the 312 and 353. I used an adhesive on my longest finger to hold the nut in place for the new installation. I did not want to drop the new nuts. Find somebody with long, skinny fingers.

the 382 doesn't have a anchor locker

Barrydet 03-29-2010 05:17 PM

bow light

Oops on my part! I have never been up close and personal to a 382. One of these days...

axapowell 03-30-2010 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by Barrydet (Post 3077430)
.....It took a lot of swearing, but I got 'em loose. The inside shell of the anchor locker does not go all the way up to the deck on the 312 and 353. I used an adhesive on my longest finger to hold the nut in place for the new installation. I did not want to drop the new nuts. Find somebody with long, skinny fingers.

I did that last spring on my 353...Swearing? You should have been there. :angry-smiley-038:

I ended up putting a polished Stainless Steel LED bow light on mine. After several attempts to get nuts on the light, I gave in and carefully dremeled out a "notch " in the upper liner to get my hand in there. My wife even tried to reach in there with no luck. It's still hard to reach....

Dave

PremierPOWER 03-30-2010 05:26 PM

Hey, thanks for the replies. I am going to try to remove the mirror tonight. I will post on how it goes.

Andy

jwurl 03-30-2010 07:46 PM

I removed the mirror on my Fastech and could reach the bolts. Jeff Wurl