Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Formula (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/formula-36/)
-   -   Anyone know why this hasnt sold - 292 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/formula/237593-anyone-know-why-hasnt-sold-292-a.html)

Back4More 08-25-2010 07:16 PM

Those 2 would most likely sell better with trailers.

1MOSES1 08-25-2010 07:38 PM

Those 2 would most likely sell better with trailers.
the one in cali does come with a trailer...painted pacific tri axle. it also come with this

Factory options:
* Twin 320 horsepower 6.2L (377 c.i.) Mercury fuel-injected engines, 320 HP
* Bravo1 1.65 ratio outdrives
* Latham twin-ram full hydraulic steering
* Halon automatic fire-supression system
* Transom shower
* Freshwater sink in cabin
* Ultra leather interior with 2 facing love seats (cabin comfortably seats 4 adults).
* Pump out head
* Mechanical tab and trim indicators
* VHF radio
* Power seat bolsters
* Silent Choice switchable exhaust
* Dual batteries
* Triple-axle trailer with permanent CA trailer license

Aftermarket add-ons and included extras:
* Box Slide-anchor
* Sand spike
* Fenders and lines
* Life jackets
* Latham drive showers
* 24" and 28" prop sets
* Cockpit and full canvas covers
* 4-Amp, 9-speaker stereo system with JL Audio, Kenwood, Memphis components, cockpit and cabin remotes, iPod adapter

i know because i was looking at it...just couldnt do it due to location. buying a boat 3000 miles away just doesnt work

1MOSES1 08-25-2010 07:40 PM

Mine 06 292 6.2s with trailer...got offered 40k on a tradein last Sat.For 40k I will run it for three more years and part it out.
The escape program hurt but thats not all of it 30 to 100 k price range is a working man or small business owners price range.They are not buying the guy that can afford a 200k boat right now is not looking at a 292.
Plus most who have them want to go bigger /faster hence the low prices.But ultimately its going to hurt Formula bad.Are they even building Fastechs?
Its really not a bad boat you can fix the planing problem for about 2k.Get rid of the cast iron exhaust.Putting Aluminum on takes 270 lbs off the back of the boat.Mine comes out of the water pretty quick now.I hate that they did not make hydraulic steering standard but my fault for buying it.
how much are you looking for...i was in the market a month ago...i had a 45k ceiling though.

Expensive Date 08-25-2010 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by moses0324 (Post 3190910)
how much are you looking for...i was in the market a month ago...i had a 45k ceiling though.

Was looking at a 35 EX would have done the deal if I was offered 60k.
But did not happen so I wait a little I really want a 36 pantera.Called Pantera a few weeks ago on a Friday about 3:00 pm and the owner (Pepe) answered the phone.Not too many boat companies can say that.

I love this vidieo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmHJryiJOCk

Expensive Date 08-26-2010 07:18 PM

Thought of something today.The boats that I /us are looking at most of which will still be there next year.Are going to depreciate more dollar wise than our boats.If a 292 losses 20% value in the next year thats only about 12k a 200k boat loses 20% its 40k.
I feel the price for used 292s has bottomed so in a year or two we will be in a better position.

turboz67 08-26-2010 08:02 PM

I have an 06 292 with bayport graphics. I added 383stoker scorpions, had the props relabbed and added 280kplanes. these three aditions solved every problem with the 292. I will always stay with formula, if I get a next boat it will be a 353. Are they pricey boats? yes they sure are, but the fit finish is second to none against other boats. Mine still looks as new as the day i got it. Look at the paint and cockpits on other boats. Baja's paint starts fading after the second season and we wont even talk about the cockpit. Any way they might not be the fastest boats but they are one of the best.

Splitdecision271 08-26-2010 09:02 PM

There is a video on YouTube of the Velocity 292 running on the Delta in CA. I believe he posts over on Speedwake.com too. I absolutely love my 292. Yes, I wish they were made with the 280 K planes rather then the Bennetts but a nice solid boat that will run hard and straight all day.

Expensive Date 08-26-2010 09:35 PM

For what they are yes they are a great boat.For some reason though they have gotten a bad rep.
What I want is more something I can run hard in the ocean.And Formula while being a great product is not that boat.

1MOSES1 08-27-2010 07:11 AM

Thought of something today.The boats that I /us are looking at most of which will still be there next year.Are going to depreciate more dollar wise than our boats.If a 292 losses 20% value in the next year thats only about 12k a 200k boat loses 20% its 40k.
I feel the price for used 292s has bottomed so in a year or two we will be in a better position.

thats a really good point and i agree...

just weird how no one is jumping on this deal...

Digital Jams 09-03-2010 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by VtSteve (Post 3190352)
There are a lot of the 292's for sale, this is one I was going to check out.

http://www.boats.com/boat-details/Fo...tech/113316201

I think many are either looking for a bit smaller with single power to start with, say a 25/26, or something bigger than a 292, say a 32/33/35. In the end, the cabin isn't what I would want.

Doesn't seem to be a popular model.

I could not find the hours on this one, anyone know? Great deal and fresh water is a plus.