Put the bird in a nest

Notices
Formula

Put the bird in a nest

Old 10-02-2012, 10:54 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by axapowell
Got a little tick, tick, tick myself to explore over the winter. Fix it, you boat year round anyways, right?

Dave

Here's what was causing the tick tick.
Attached Thumbnails Put the bird in a nest-gear-1.jpeg   Put the bird in a nest-gear-2.jpeg  
Old 10-02-2012, 11:45 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
It seems to be fine.....thye problem was the application of the product by Formula, not Plexus.
What do ya have an hour on that thing since you fixed it?

I thought the whole idea behind cali was year around boating.....

Flip those gears over and you can probably get another 3 years out of them.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Audiofn
What do ya have an hour on that thing since you fixed it?

I thought the whole idea behind cali was year around boating.....

Flip those gears over and you can probably get another 3 years out of them.
LOL.....10 hours! It's all fixed now.....just the headliner BS to deal with now.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:16 AM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
...now we're on to ripping out the headliner and redoing that. While we're at it, we're redoing the area where the TV was and finishing that. Endless......it truely is!
Nort - You're just catching up to some of us. I re-did the TV in 2004, and the headliner in 2011.

Of course, now I have some hull/deck touchup to do....
Old 12-07-2012, 10:51 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by C_Spray
Nort - You're just catching up to some of us. I re-did the TV in 2004, and the headliner in 2011.

Of course, now I have some hull/deck touchup to do....
Finally got the material from Formula. Panels are all out and ready to tear into. A couple of comments:
  • The black foam backing falls apart if you touch it. The third pic shows where I rubbed lightly with my thumb.
  • The round wood blocks are where the recessed lights go. These are stapled on (a problem I had years ago with the headliner falling down). We are redoing all of these with 5052 and screws.
  • I was considering replacing the "yellow" foam cushion areas but the foam seems fine (for now) and doesn't fall apart.
  • We are going to add audio and HD video cables along the roof from the new Kenwood DDX719 head unit to the new flatscreen going in.
  • Replacing all the bulbs in the cabin with LEDs LINK

Easy stuff!
Attached Thumbnails Put the bird in a nest-img_6026.jpg   Put the bird in a nest-img_6027.jpg   Put the bird in a nest-img_6028.jpg  

Put the bird in a nest-img_6029.jpg   Put the bird in a nest-img_6030.jpg   Put the bird in a nest-img_6031.jpg  

Put the bird in a nest-img_6032.jpg   Put the bird in a nest-img_6033.jpg   Put the bird in a nest-img_6034.jpg  

Put the bird in a nest-img_6035.jpg  
Old 12-07-2012, 10:53 AM
Registered

More...........enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails Put the bird in a nest-img_6036.jpg   Put the bird in a nest-img_6037.jpg   Put the bird in a nest-img_6038.jpg  

Put the bird in a nest-img_6039.jpg   Put the bird in a nest-img_6040.jpg   Put the bird in a nest-img_6041.jpg  

Put the bird in a nest-img_6042.jpg   Put the bird in a nest-img_6043.jpg   Put the bird in a nest-img_6044.jpg  

Put the bird in a nest-img_6045.jpg  
Old 12-07-2012, 12:07 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Nort, do yourself a favor and cut down any edge of the outer panels that slides behind a wall or bulkhead to no more than 2" of overhang. This is particularly true over/behind the TV panel. This will make re-installation far, FAR easier.

Also, get two of those thin plastic sheets that are used for kitchen cutting boards, and put one above and below the ceiling panels as you slide them back in. This will prevent bunching up the foam rubber into a big log, and will protect the new vinyl.

Another thing that helps is to remove the mirror panel at the front of the v-berth. Lift up the front cushion and you will find two aluminum brackets screwed into the floor with two screws each. Remove the four screws and pull backwards on the bottom of the panel. It will pivot out until the pin at the top disengages, and then you can remove it completely.

Last edited by C_Spray; 12-07-2012 at 12:11 PM.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by C_Spray
Nort, do yourself a favor and cut down any edge of the outer panels that slides behind a wall or bulkhead to no more than 2" of overhang. This is particularly true over/behind the TV panel. This will make re-installation far, FAR easier.

Also, get two of those thin plastic sheets that are used for kitchen cutting boards, and put one above and below the ceiling panels as you slide them back in. This will prevent bunching up the foam rubber into a big log, and will protect the new vinyl.

Another thing that helps is to remove the mirror panel at the front of the v-berth. Lift up the front cushion and you will find two aluminum brackets screwed into the floor with two screws each. Remove the four screws and pull backwards on the bottom of the panel. It will pivot out until the pin at the top disengages, and then you can remove it completely.

Thanks Chuck! I passed it on.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:22 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Then go out and buy an OL. You will save money!
Old 12-09-2012, 09:30 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just gut it and do bulkheads like the raceboats, it will solve all of the problems.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.