Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Formula
2011 Formula Chesapeake Rendezvous: Sept. 16-18? >

2011 Formula Chesapeake Rendezvous: Sept. 16-18?

Notices
Formula

2011 Formula Chesapeake Rendezvous: Sept. 16-18?

Old 03-19-2011, 03:43 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 2011 Formula Chesapeake Rendezvous: Sept. 16-18?

Any interest in a rerun of last year's Still Pond Creek get-together? Now that everyone knows where the channel is (and the sandbar isn't) it should be a piece of cake...

There have already been a few suggestions, including setting up a floating screen and projector to have "Movie Night(s)", as well as an organized (sort of) competition of game of some kind.

As always; it's up to everyone's consensus. There's nothing wrong with simply tying up and floating!
Old 03-25-2011, 04:17 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Ttt
Old 03-25-2011, 08:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by C_Spray
Ttt
Brandi and I will be there at least for the daytime events
Old 03-26-2011, 08:09 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lets play lets make a deal!

If we can get some confirmations from some Md Formula owners to attend the 2nd Birds on the Bay Rendezvous in NJ, tenative date of July 16th 2011.

I'll guarantee at least 3, possible 4 or more birds will attend the Chesapeake Rendezvous!

Sound good!
Old 03-26-2011, 03:10 PM
Registered

I like the way you are thinking Brian. Check out formulaboatsforum.com there's another thread on this.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:56 AM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

With the NJ get-together coming up this weekend, I thought that it would be a good time to post further details on what we have planned.

2011 Chesapeake Formula Owner’s Raft-Up
September 16 - 18, 2011

Still Pond Creek (Inside): N 39° 19.940’/W 76° 07.550’
Dear Formula Owner:
We will be repeating last years’ Formula Owner’s Raft-Up/Rendezvous over the weekend of September 16 - 18, 2011 in Still Pond Creek. This will be a casual get-together with all activities planned by consensus of those attending. Formula will donate some giveaways and door prizes. To ensure that they send enough items, please confirm your attendance by Monday, September 5.
We will again raft up along the huge 2’-4’ foot deep sand flat and use it as a floating / wading / gathering area. This is one of the best and cleanest hard-packed sand bottoms on the Bay with excellent holding power. For those with SunSports or tenders, there is tons of room for skiing and tubing a little further into the creek from the raft-up. There will be boats there as early as Friday night, and we will try to preserve an area for our group. It's a public spot, so there's only so much that we can do in that respect.
The entry channel to Still Pond Creek is marked in red on the drawing below. This channel is 6 to 8 feet deep at low tide and well-marked with daymarkers and “No Wake" markers. Make sure to stay hard to the right bank as you come around the corner and you should have plenty of water. If you have any doubts, call the raftup on VHF channel 68, and we will help guide you in. High tide will be at about 11:00 AM on the 17th and noon on the 18th. Tidal change for those days is predicted to be about one foot.
You may attend for the entire duration, both days, one day, or even just a brief visit. Friday and Saturday overnight stays in Still Pond Creek are optional, depending on your own boat’s capabilities and your interest. If there is enough interest, we could consider making arrangements at a nearby marina like Skipjack Cove or Mears Great Oak to organize some shore-based activities as well.
To RSVP and/or submit suggestions for activities, you can reply here, on FormulaBoatsForum.com, the Rendezvous area on Formula’s web site or Formula’s Facebook page. You may also reply to C_Spray at msn dot com.
Attached Thumbnails 2011 Formula Chesapeake Rendezvous: Sept. 16-18?-spraftup_cropdwg.jpg  

Last edited by C_Spray; 07-13-2011 at 03:21 PM.
Old 07-13-2011, 02:41 PM
Registered

See you there unless we sell the boat! Listing it Sept 1st ,so I would bet we would be see you then. Thanks for the great time last year.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:04 AM
Registered

I actually have my boat this year... well if i can get it back in running order.

Ill be there!
Old 08-09-2011, 01:11 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

To the top; 5+ weeks and counting. There's been a good response on FormulaBoatsForums as well. I would guess that we're looking at two dozen boats during the day(s) and at least a dozen overnighters at this point.
Old 08-09-2011, 04:33 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think our deal is off. We didn't see any Chesapeake Formula owners at the 2nd Birds on the Bay.

Dissappointing to say the least. We had a great day and turnout. Would have been better if we had some Chesapeake owners there.

Check us out on Formula Owners of NJ via facebook.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.