Old 07-24-2019, 07:12 AM
Registered

Received 303 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by underpsi68
That MAY help, THANKS!
Old 08-12-2019, 11:05 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

My 2 cents; my 1988 sr1 272 had factory non breaker style red lighted toggles. I just replaced all of them with new blue lighted stainless. The blue matched my courtesy and led mood lights in the cockpit.
Old 08-26-2019, 06:25 AM
Registered

Default Here is a photo

They work greatp

I like
Old 08-26-2019, 06:44 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I replaced all mine on my 86 357 SR-1 with carling part number LTILA51-6S-BL-RC-NBL-12V they were direct fit replacements.
Old 08-26-2019, 11:54 AM
Registered

Default Here is another photo (1988 272 sr1)

In off position
Old 08-26-2019, 02:44 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1,234 Likes on 688 Posts

Those look really nice, but where is the circuit protection?

I have wiring diagrams for the my old 242 as well as my 311, and both show the factory using circuit breakers at the switch locations.
Old 08-26-2019, 04:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TomZ
Those look really nice, but where is the circuit protection?

I have wiring diagrams for the my old 242 as well as my 311, and both show the factory using circuit breakers at the switch locations.
my 272 sr1 has 2 breaker locations. One under the bench seat in front of the motor and one under the helm. My factory switch where NOT the type with breakers in them.
Old 04-01-2020, 11:06 PM
Registered

Received 303 Likes on 152 Posts

I am looking for more "breaker style" lighted toggle switches (1988 F311 SR-1)...mine are fragile and I have exhausted my supply. If there is a more modern toggle/fuse/circuit breaker combo that fits...I'd be interested.
Thanks,
Tom
Old 04-02-2020, 10:39 AM
alj
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Formula ETA breaker switches

Originally Posted by F14A water jet
I am looking for more "breaker style" lighted toggle switches (1988 F311 SR-1)...mine are fragile and I have exhausted my supply. If there is a more modern toggle/fuse/circuit breaker combo that fits...I'd be interested.

Thanks,

Tom
Hey Tom,

Those breakers listed on Ebay are the correct breakers. The Ebay seller is the source that I used previously (many years ago now) to obtain the correct switches. They are local to me. Last time I was at the store, the 25 amp units without lighting were all he had left. The Ebay listed ones are NOT lighted. You could use those and add an additional indicator light above or below each switch. Without going into a total rant as I did a few years back on this thread, I would be very suspect of the claim by Oconnor Marine that his boat did not have the ETA breaker/switch units in his boat when new. Both My F206LS and My F311SR1 have breaker panels under the dash and under the back seat as he claims. NONE of the breakers in those panels specifically protects any of the circuits for the accessories controlled by the dash switches. If Oconnor wants to post pictures of his breaker panels showing that his breakers protect those circuits, I would hope he can post those pictures and put this debate to rest. If he is the original owner he might be correct but it is much more likely that the originals were completely replaced at some point by the much cheaper and plentiful red lighted rocker switches. I think I posted a picture of the two types side by side in this thread before.

Tom, I think one of the best solutions is to do what Oconnor did and then add an additional breaker panel under the dash that has a breaker for each of the dash switches. I did something similar to this on my F402SR1 to replace all the glass fuse panels. It really isn't that big of a job and actually will make the dash switch panels much easier to service. Ask anyone who has tried to get those crowded panels out of the dashboard. That Ebay seller is actually a fantastic source for this kind of thing. No need to go to west marine and buy all the components new and separately. That guy has complete used and surplus panels already loaded with breakers indicator lights and in many cases pre-wired. Its where I bought everything to update my F402 electrical system. He also carries the original panel breakers (I'm not talking about the dash breaker/switches) that Formula used in the underdash and back seat panels. If you wanted to go nuts, find someone who can etch black plastic panels to duplicate the Formula breaker panels but customize them to say Horn, Bilge pump, Dash lights, Navigation lights, etc. I had a panel made locally that replaced the trim and tabs indicator panel inside the glass panel of my indicator to correctly reflect the position and direction that my Kaama drives move (up/down ... not in/out). I have to say that I really like the way those switches look in Oconnor's boat but until my switch/breakers take a crap, I'm not going to make the complete changeover. I'm also never going to take a chance of burning my boat down!

Regards ,, Al J
Old 04-02-2020, 10:47 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1,234 Likes on 688 Posts

Mine is all Carling with a ATO panel under the dash. Simple and clean. I wouldn’t want to do anything with the originals. They’re dated and break too easily.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.