Please post pictures of your Formula if it is towed by a Porsche

Thank you
Old 09-01-2011, 12:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pokerrunboats
Please post pictures of your Formula if it is towed by a Porsche

Thank you
How many models do you think a Porsche can pull?
Old 09-01-2011, 02:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MrMagloo
How many models do you think a Porsche can pull?
hahah

You read my mind. It better be a real small Formula, otherwise, you will be tearing apart your car, and most notably, its transmission.

My suggestion, get a TRUCK. A real truck.
Old 09-01-2011, 02:58 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you talking cayenne? Don't think you can mount a hitch on a 996 or 997. Maybe you can tow a 272? I think max capacity for the Cayenne is 7700 lbs.
Old 09-01-2011, 04:25 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

I towed my Monterey 218 with our old Cayenne, it worked fantastically. Better than my old 2011 Ram 1500. The problem with the situation was that the Cayenne was an unreliable expensive to fix piece of garbage. Fun to drive when it worked though.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:36 PM
Registered

Somewhere in here, I posted a picture of my cayenne turbo towing my 292. Very scary due to the short wheel base. Also, I'll agreed that it isn't a very good vehicle. It ranks as the worst vehicle I've owned, the second worst was the first cayenne!!! This coming from a guy who has owned a Range Rover.
Old 09-08-2011, 05:04 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I don't have a pic handy, but we pull our 223 around with the wife's Cayenne. I've also pulled the car trailer all over the country with it. It does have the air suspension, which I think is a big help. While like everyone else, I would prefer my old 2500 Suburban, I've never once felt uncomfortable in the Cayenne, and my wife just loves the thing...
Old 09-09-2011, 12:36 PM
Registered

I tow my 272 around with my '04 Cayenne S all the time. It's about all it wants but never uncomfortable. I have a newer trailer with Kodiak brakes and it really pulls great. Guys over on Rennlist and 6speedonline will say to shift with the tiptronic but you should need to other than pulling up the ramp. My biggest beef with towing with the Cayenne is the temperamental trailer brake lights. It's a real pain in the ass to get any lights to work correctly - LED's are pretty much out of the picture. The circuit has to recognize a load before it will work correctly. Either way, it tows great. I have a bunch of towing photos on my facebook page but can't post here. With my 272 on the back it does squat some but not bad. When searching Cayennes, I made sure NOT to get the air suspension as it doesn't fair as well under loads - at least according to my mechanic. So far so good though - over 100k on the Cayenne and no issues at all - runs great and will be pulling boats / cars in the near future.