Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Formula (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/formula-36/)
-   -   1980 255 front window replacement (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/formula/272160-1980-255-front-window-replacement.html)

codyjrob 03-09-2012 08:44 AM

1980 255 front window replacement

The seals are original on my 255 freedom cruiser and are dry, cracked, and pulling out. I have a leak under the window frame so i will be removing the front windows and resealing all screw holes and re-tightening the frame. Has anyone ever replaced these? can I do this myself which I prefer or do i need to try and find a window repair place to have these put back in? And if i can do these myself do yall prefer window adhesive all the way around or rubber seal like is on there now. And does anyone make a direct replacement for these seals.

befu 03-09-2012 11:40 AM

Was getting ready to post about this same topic on my 86 - 272. Need to replace the glass seals on it. Will be watching...

Brian

sprink58 03-09-2012 09:01 PM

I am just about to do all of mine so stay tuned.:daz:

befu 03-10-2012 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by sprink58 (Post 3637664)
I am just about to do all of mine so stay tuned.:daz:

With all this information from you, I am going to have to add you to my Christmas card list! :lolhit:

codyjrob 03-11-2012 03:13 PM

Well beings im a single 27yr old who pays 1/3 of his monthly income to child support im looking to do things on the cheap. and the most I can do myself the better. and also you get that feeling of yeah "I" did that not yeah I paid someone to do that....

befu 03-11-2012 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by codyjrob (Post 3638754)
Well beings im a single 27yr old who pays 1/3 of his monthly income to child support im looking to do things on the cheap. and the most I can do myself the better. and also you get that feeling of yeah "I" did that not yeah I paid someone to do that....

Hah! Got ya beat cold man, I think I pay about 70% to child and spouse support, another 25% to our wonderful government which leaves me with 5% for me if I am lucky. But that is what comes with the family life I am responsible for creating..... And I wouldn't change it for the world!

Being an engineer, I definately like to do things myself, I can relate to that.

sprink58 03-11-2012 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by befu (Post 3638860)
Hah! Got ya beat cold man, I think I pay about 70% to child and spouse support, another 25% to our wonderful government which leaves me with 5% for me if I am lucky. But that is what comes with the family life I am responsible for creating..... And I wouldn't change it for the world!

Engineer's Rule!!! Alabama '74 BSME:evilb:

codyjrob 03-11-2012 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by befu (Post 3638860)

Yeah the hard economical times hit me good a little over a year ago lost my great paying job during a buyout. it kinda sucks to see you and 240 co workers have to find something else to do to survive. worked part time for a year till i got my new job a few months back. part time with no medical and im insulin dependent so i got to pay a grand a month in meds and still try to survive but now im starting to get back on my feet some with the new job. not making what i was but a hell of alot better of a company to work for. yeah i wouldnt change my daughter for the world but atm im playing the whole court trying to get visitation lawyer sh*t like alot of others get to..... but finding a boat like I did in iowa for the price i did i couldnt have passed it up. LOL hell it mite not even see the water this year but hell when it does it will be nice and clean for a 1980

sprink58 03-11-2012 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by codyjrob (Post 3638754)

I am all about the budget...I just bought the stuff I'm replacing off a doner boat in New Jersey...shipping to me next week.

codyjrob 03-11-2012 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by sprink58 (Post 3638954)
I am all about the budget...I just bought the stuff I'm replacing off a doner boat in New Jersey...shipping to me next week.

yeah budget is nice. but mostly im a do'er lol. im in telecom so im always working on electronics. ive been huge into building car stereos for years and dad was always flipping houses when i was younger so I like to get hands on. I dont learn if I dont do. and normally Iowa winters suck so you need something to pittle with to keep you from going insane.