Neighbor Backed into my BIRD.. oh $h^t

Notices
Formula

Neighbor Backed into my BIRD.. oh $h^t

Old 04-10-2012, 04:39 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sprink58
Very few people in Alabama knew what a Formula was until Nelems brought them into his dealership. If any one can help you work through this Robert can. Feel better about involving him...in fact, I would insist that his shop handle the work if I were you.

I own Rob's first Formula he ever sold, after selling my 242 he helped me look for my next one, He was literally calling around down there to people he knew weren't using there boats much, when I found mine the guy gave me a "story" from the first day the boat was sold, I hung up and called rob the next minute, it was like they were standing next to each other, Wait maybe they were Lol no they weren't but then we realized i own the first one he ever sold, pretty neat, he is very resourceful and a great guy too, definitely a loss to Formula when they parted a cpl years ago, but thats the wave of the future I guess,

As you can see I still have his sticker on my boat, bottom right

Old 04-10-2012, 07:32 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Damnit all...The Formula Nation wants some satisfaction for LC on this
Old 04-10-2012, 07:59 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok bird brethern. Today was a good day. First, mechanic still hadent look at the boat. Oh well, adjust comes and bingo, an adjuster that gives a **** about his job. Very very very deep inspection. Get this he whips out a dial indicator like its his wallet. .003" run out. all ok with the shaft. inspects gimbel ring for damage, checks drive alignment. Puts a straigt edge along the latham tie bar and verifies no warping or out of square. Writes me a check for fg repair and my drew sidewinders. Gives me the go ahead to put a few hours on it and if any issue call asap. I guess I was thinking the worst but, and I questioned every thing he did... he explained and answered all my q's. I am totally impressed with progressive ins. So i hitch up and tow away from rip off waste my time dishonest marine. I called magicfloat, and he told me what I already know...go visit duskin point marine. I called danny left him a message, he calls back later in the day and really helps reassure what the adjuster had said.

Boat is back in storage. I am waiting for saturday to do a full water test.

I will report back.

Thanks for the imput and advise.

LC
Old 04-10-2012, 08:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by looseconnection
Ok bird brethern. Today was a good day. First, mechanic still hadent look at the boat. Oh well, adjust comes and bingo, an adjuster that gives a **** about his job. Very very very deep inspection. Get this he whips out a dial indicator like its his wallet. .003" run out. all ok with the shaft. inspects gimbel ring for damage, checks drive alignment. Puts a straigt edge along the latham tie bar and verifies no warping or out of square. Writes me a check for fg repair and my drew sidewinders. Gives me the go ahead to put a few hours on it and if any issue call asap. I guess I was thinking the worst but, and I questioned every thing he did... he explained and answered all my q's. I am totally impressed with progressive ins. So i hitch up and tow away from rip off waste my time dishonest marine. I called magicfloat, and he told me what I already know...go visit duskin point marine. I called danny left him a message, he calls back later in the day and really helps reassure what the adjuster had said.

Boat is back in storage. I am waiting for saturday to do a full water test.

I will report back.

Thanks for the imput and advise.

LC
Glad your on the right track again, like I said I knew if he didn't or couldn't Rob would send you where you need to go, good that you knew already, better that he reasured
Old 04-10-2012, 10:07 PM
Registered

Rest assured that we all have your back.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:47 PM
Registered

update?
Old 04-26-2012, 04:21 PM
Registered

Yea, in the water yet? Sounded like things were headed in the right direction but we would like to know for sure.
Old 04-30-2012, 04:16 PM
Registered

Loose everything ok???
Old 04-30-2012, 08:06 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

all is well. ins co made good. no other issues other than busted sidewinders an fg abraision.

thanks to all

LC
Old 04-30-2012, 08:20 PM
Registered

great to hear