Aluminum trailers

Notices
Formula

Aluminum trailers

Old 07-01-2012, 08:31 PM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Aluminum trailers

So since some dousche bag decided he need my trailer more than I did over the weekend and stole mine, I need to buy a new one.

I had an eagle tri axle and it was fine til we moved to GA and smoked the surge brakes to hell with the hills down here so I will be doing electric over hydraulic this time instead and will be done with it.

I am thinking of going to an aluminum trailer this time and would like to know who has them for their formulas now, what it is, how they hold up etc.

I have emailed for quotes to about 8 different trailer mfgs tonight so we will see what happens.

Any input on this would be great.
Thanks
Old 07-01-2012, 09:00 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

You pretty much have two options. Spend the coin on a welded aluminum Myco, perhaps a few bucks less on a Manning.

And then there is everyone else that makes bolt together trailers.

There's a few manufacturers that make welded aluminum trailers, but I have yet to see any of them hold a candle to Myco and Manning.
Old 07-01-2012, 09:43 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

some people are stupid, sorry to hear, I had a alum trailer when i bought my 271, hated it from day one, unless your in salt steel is the only way
Old 07-01-2012, 10:05 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Aluminum trailers-dscn1098.jpg

Aluminum trailers-dscn1102.jpg

Aluminum trailers-0728011956.jpg

Very happy with my Manning,just like you said get the electric over hydraulic brakes.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:59 PM
Registered

Received 791 Likes on 373 Posts

Everyone is going to recommend manning and myco. The funny part is that 95% of those people don't own one themselves. Haha.

To re-iterate what others have said there are the two M's and everyone else. Depends on your application and the money you are willing to spend. Can't go wrong with either. If you are in the market for a bolt together I would recommend all American, real extreme, nextrail, rocket, or slide on. Personally I vote for real extreme. Use quality material, 7.5 I beam instead of 6.5, etc. I have had two trailers from the, and I'd use them again.
Old 07-02-2012, 01:31 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 2fast9tech2
Everyone is going to recommend manning and myco. The funny part is that 95% of those people don't own one themselves. Haha.

To re-iterate what others have said there are the two M's and everyone else. Depends on your application and the money you are willing to spend. Can't go wrong with either. If you are in the market for a bolt together I would recommend all American, real extreme, nextrail, rocket, or slide on. Personally I vote for real extreme. Use quality material, 7.5 I beam instead of 6.5, etc. I have had two trailers from the, and I'd use them again.
My 10,300 # All American has 7.5" frame. Sure beats hell out of any steel trailer I ever had...and I have had some very good Rockets and WebOns. The interesting thing is that it only weighs 1100 #'s. Take a look at Dolphin Trailers out of New Jersey. They build a good product and are very honest.

http://www.dolphinboattrailers.com/

Last edited by sprink58; 07-02-2012 at 01:34 AM.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:17 AM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Expensive Date
Attachment 477921

Attachment 477922

Attachment 477923

Very happy with my Manning,just like you said get the electric over hydraulic brakes.
How does that trailer handle with tandem axles? I tried a tandem when we bought this boat and it was kind of squirly and it was buit for a 292. Thats why I went triple axle. Harder on tires but trailed much better.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:29 AM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Some years ago I had bought several aluminum's built by Fastload (312 and 382 among others). Although I like the trailers I've heard a number of stories about poor customer service there now.....don't use them.
Old 07-02-2012, 03:07 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by debcod2
How does that trailer handle with tandem axles? I tried a tandem when we bought this boat and it was kind of squirly and it was buit for a 292. Thats why I went triple axle. Harder on tires but trailed much better.

I have a tandem under my 303, straight as a arrow even behind the half ton, now I'm not running 75/80 mph either, 60 even 65 downhill no issues, never went faster then that no need I was gaining some momentum for the next hill LOL, if you trailer a 100 miles each way I would say triple, but for me only doing a cpl roadtrips a year, I'll take the maneuverability of a tandem, especially since its a pretty hard jack into my driveway

Old 07-02-2012, 05:30 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by debcod2
Never sways at all, even coming down a mountain have run 80 with it (let the flaming begin) it has a lot to do with tongue weight also. This is were a custom for the boat trailer has an advantage as it was made for a specific boat. Also I do tow with a dually which is way overkill but I like it.

It comes down to what you want to do with it I tow a lot I'm doing a poker run at the end of this month with a 700 mile R/T tow. I had a Loadright that came with the boat it was always a pain to load, with the Manning I can do it myself boat lines itself up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.