Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Formula
Hired a local vinyl guy.  Do you guys think this is acceptable? >

Hired a local vinyl guy. Do you guys think this is acceptable?

Notices
Formula

Hired a local vinyl guy. Do you guys think this is acceptable?

Old 07-14-2014, 04:44 PM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tell him to pound sand. He owes you for holding you up with his practice work..

John jr
Old 07-14-2014, 04:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 38fountainecman
Who needs a back seat, she looks quite comfortable on the sun pad!!!!!
I think your upholstery looks fine.
Old 07-14-2014, 06:00 PM
Registered

Nice photo

Since your upholstery looks to be pure white, I would assume that it has previously been replaced via the Formula original vinyl, as they typically only do replacement vinyl in all white.

Formula does monitor the happenings on this forum, so I am sure they were happy to help out. They want you to be happy with your boat.

As for the slug in Colchester, your explanation seems to fit, as it looks like it was his first go at making seat upholstery.

Last edited by tpenfield; 07-15-2014 at 04:20 AM.
Old 07-15-2014, 08:02 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by offshore312
Perhaps you might ask him if he'd mind if you provided him some exposure / advertising by posting photos of his work (your seat) at the local marinas & dealers? That would surely help to make other aware of the fine quality of his work, and maybe gain (or cost ) him some business. I'm enough of a hard head to put that on a billboard right outside of his shop & tell the world about his "craftsmanchit". He'll have a damned tough time blaming that crap work on anything but himself....

I like the way you think
Old 07-17-2014, 08:15 AM
Registered

Be careful, slander can be tricky. Don't get sued yourself. If you have demanded that he fix it and he has refused, file your small claims forms immediately. I would contact him, inform him that you have filed the case and if the seat is damaged in any way while in his possession he'll be sued for the cost of repair or replacement. would go with out the seat before being strong armed by someone that runs his business like that. Shameful. Good luck.
Old 07-27-2014, 09:10 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a similar poor job done on one of my curved pieces. Took it to another guy who straightened it out for a couple hundred bucks. I had to pay the first guy and the second guy but at least I got my seat back and it's done right. Sucks.
Old 01-15-2015, 04:07 PM
Registered

Ryan-

Wondering how this all turned out? Last I recall, Formula was going to make you a new seat, and you were going to let the local guy keep the original seat (right?)

TIA for any updates.
Old 01-29-2015, 01:53 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by ryan450r
New seat on order. Probably be a few more weeks. The guys at Formula are amazing to deal with, specifically Steve Tester. He really knows his stuff about these boats. Top notch customer service!

Had a convo with a local guy who knows this guys history. I guess he used to own a boat dealership. Sold that business and is now doing upholstery. So, basically he has 30 years experience(according to his business card) in the boat industry but not that in upholstery. I am still blown away the boat dealer is holding strong to protect this guy.

At the end of the day, Formula has gone above and beyond with their support to help me with this problem. I have been boating the last two weekends with no back seat.

Who cares about a back seat..Id be spending most of my time in the cabin!!!
As far as your whole dilemma goes..I would definitely go out of my way to let every boater in the area know of your dealings with not only the upholstery guy but the shop that put you in this position in the first place making sure neither of them got a single cent from me or from anyone I knew!! Social media can make or break a business and Id make sure Id break it!
Old 06-29-2015, 09:44 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by tpenfield
Ryan-

Wondering how this all turned out? Last I recall, Formula was going to make you a new seat, and you were going to let the local guy keep the original seat (right?)

TIA for any updates.
Tpenfild- I let the local ass**** keep the old seat. Hope he's still tripping over that POS.

Formula helped me out with a new seat. I can't say enough about the guys over there and how helpful they were. They had even seen this thread and knew of the issue and were more than generous with how they helped me out(specifically Steve Tester). Steve was top notch. I knew I could appreciate the Formula quality and company support before, but after this experience I can't see myself buying anything but a Formula ever again. I've owned some other great brands before but they never supported their old hardware as well as Formula does. Truly a top notch company to deal with.
Old 06-29-2015, 09:56 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice to hear that everything worked out well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.