Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Formula
picking up a 31 sr 1 with twin 540's trs drives...wondering what to exspect 4 speed >

picking up a 31 sr 1 with twin 540's trs drives...wondering what to exspect 4 speed

Notices
Formula

picking up a 31 sr 1 with twin 540's trs drives...wondering what to exspect 4 speed

Old 02-06-2015, 12:17 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a 1990 292 that I cut out the baffles, removed the rubber flaps on the rectangular exhaust tips (but kept them because I liked the way they looked) and cut 6"-8" holes in the bottom of the ST and then installed the plastic inspection plates. That way I could snap in or out and have it loud or quieter, depending on the place I boated. You will need to cut one hole for each exhaust exit. cut the holes as far away from the transom to allow the water and exhaust to exit out of the hole. I had a friend with a 1990 311 with the 502's. Had the engines worked over to about 500 hp each with bravo drives and had 77-78 all day and touching 80 every now and then. Awesome riding boat. It actually went 100 once, ...... on the trailer. Good luck.