steel trailer for a 353

Notices
Formula

steel trailer for a 353

Old 12-13-2015, 06:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default steel trailer for a 353

considering upgrading to a steel trailer for my 2002 353. i would consider new, what brands should i look at? or is there any nice used ones available
Old 12-13-2015, 07:00 PM
Registered

I would get an Eagle, made in Detroit. Was the standard Formula trailer manufacturer for years and very nice trailers
Old 12-13-2015, 07:26 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Given where you are, Manning or Eagle would be who I would look into.

http://www.manningmarine.com/bunktrailers.html
http://eagletrailer.com/

BUT, if I was buying a new trailer, I would definitely NOT buy steel. It cuts your target resale market by 66%, if not more. Gulf/east-coast/west-coast buyers will pass over your boat due to the expense of having to buy an aluminum trailer for their home waters. Your only ideal buyers would be LOTO/Central US/Great Lakes/Central Canada. Go with an welded aluminum C-channel from Manning, and you will be miles ahead down the road, AND you can get a wild hair up your ... and head to Florida for a winter break someday.
Old 12-14-2015, 06:54 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When I built a trailer a few years back for my 271 it was between performance boat trailers in Lake George New York and Manning, I went with a Performance, the fit and finish was amazing, He builds most trailer for those fancy Outerlimits you see, I had no regrets and I sure miss that trailer, with that said a friend has had 2 Manning's built and they are very comparable, He has had no issues,

Old 12-14-2015, 09:50 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

If you choose steel go with Eagle, our 353 fits in the bunks perfect. Plus as mentioned they were the factory choice. By far the easiest launch and retrieval of any boat/trailer combo we have owned. The trailer is set-up very well and tows straight and solid. Parts are easy to get if needed. I called the factory for replacement bunks; all of them for $120 carpeted, sized, and delivered to the closest Eagle dealer for free.
Old 12-15-2015, 12:53 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rexcramer1
I would get an Eagle, made in Detroit. Was the standard Formula trailer manufacturer for years and very nice trailers
Eagle trailer is long gone from Wyandotte and even Holt, Michigan. They were always great to deal with in all regards, super customer support. They are now a subsidy of HLT Trailer based in Humboldt, Iowa.
Old 12-15-2015, 01:05 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Prestige was another trailer the Formula preferred, I have one under my 260 SS. Unfortunately, they also closed/sold out in 2009. Current customer support/service for Prestige is through Heritage trailers.

From the Regal owners forum:

Re: Prestige Trailers???
Postby jhull413 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:24 am

The following came off of a competitor boat company's message board:

I have been monitoring this thread for the last couple of days and as always the folks here and on the Crownline site are very complimentary of our efforts. It never fails to humble us to see the appreciation that is expressed even by folks that don't own our product.

We have worked soooooo many hours over the last 15+ years to build a product and reputation that would stand the test of time. Your suggestions, compliments and comments have been instrumental in our family very nearly reaching that goal. We could not have done it without you and for that we give a very heart felt thanks.

I have the utmost respect and love for my parents. Their roots are some of the most humble of beginnings and their success has been acheived by dedication and drive born of the leanest of times.

For all of our determination and pure ole' hardheaded German/Dutch stubborness, we have reached an impasse....a barrier that we cannot breach.

The combination of the current perfect economic storm and the strangle hold by the financial sector in our industry, has depleted our resources to the point that a decision had to be made, to insure our parents security.

Affective yesterday, Prestige Trailers, Inc. has sold all of our assets, sans the building and land, to Heritage Custom Trailers.

When the decision was made to sell, we sent out invitations to (9) trailer manufacturers, with the collective hope that Heritage would be the one to make the purchase.

We felt that our two companies were very similiar, both in the quality of the product and the dedication to service. We also recognized that Jason and Mark Knight were good down home folk that lived their product, every day. We respect them as competitors and co-dreamers, and knew that they would embrace our dealers and retail customers.

Well, the lump in my throat is making it hard to see the screen..........here is my fathers' letter to our dealer network. If you read between the lines, you will feel the pride, the sadness, and the relief that comes with making this decision.

"4/7/09

It’s time to put all the rumors about Prestige Trailers to rest.

I am 68 years old, tired of this economy, and ready to retire. Though I have had several inquiries to purchase the company, I have decided to sell the assets of Prestige Trailers to the owners of Heritage Trailers.

I feel that Jason and Mark Knight of Heritage Trailers is the best fit for the continuation of the Prestige brand that my family has spent 15 years building. They are committed to build the Prestige style trailer to which you are accustomed and to maintain our current dealer pricing through at least the 2009 model year. It will be only a short time before their facility is ready to produce our style of trailers.

For your current and future trailer needs please contact the sales team at Heritage Trailers at 618-439-9626.

Thank you for your business and loyalty to Prestige Trailers. It was a great 15 years!
jhull413
Regal Owners Supporter

And posted by my brother on Regal owners forum then:
Re: Prestige Trailers???
Postby DogDaze » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:36 am

Wow, that's tough news to hear... but it sounds as if Heritage Trailers will be able to help/assist you.

http://www.heritagetrailers.com/

(618) 439 9626

email: infoheritagetrailers.com
Joe & Sheryl
Dog Daze - 1989 Regal 280 (SOLD)
Home Port: Cedar Point
-- The Rockin' Roller Coast

Dog Daze II - 1998 3575 Cruisers Yachts
DogDaze
Regal Owners Supporter

Old 12-15-2015, 02:04 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Call Ron Manning ....
Attached Thumbnails steel trailer for a 353-attachment.jpg   steel trailer for a 353-attachment-w.jpg  
Old 12-15-2015, 05:01 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by offthefront
Call Ron Manning ....
I couldn't agree more. I bought my 353 in Michigan and it had an Eagle trailer. First thing I did was sell it and bought a Manning. Steel trailers will rust sooner or later even in fresh water.
Old 12-15-2015, 05:03 PM
Registered

There was a used Eagle on Detroit's craigslist a few months ago. I have had a Manning,Performance and an Eagle. I like the Manning trailer the best with a close second to Performance.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.