Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Formula (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/formula-36/)
-   -   2016 BIRDS ON THE BAY Formula Charity Rendezvous Dates Announced!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/formula/334363-2016-birds-bay-formula-charity-rendezvous-dates-announced.html)

I.D.C.E. 02-07-2016 11:26 AM

2016 BIRDS ON THE BAY Formula Charity Rendezvous Dates Announced!!

We are happy to announce the 7th Annual BIRDS ON THE BAY Formula Charity Rendezvous will be held July 2nd and 3rd. Saturday, July 2nd will be very similar to last years with it being our main fun filled day/overnighter at Comstock Marina in Brick, NJ and Sunday July 3rd we say our goodbyes and for those who want to join in on a Sunday Funday group run and hang out at the local cove. Attendees can also jump start the weekend and arrive on Friday as some did last year.

More details will be announced as we get closer but please mark your calendars for these important dates! The more support we have not only the more fun we have but the more money we raise for the cause that will be announced soon.

Check out last years recap!
http://www.formulaownersofnewjersey....-the-bay2.html

slugoslugo272 03-01-2016 04:56 PM

Sweet BIRDS ON THE BAY Formula Charity Rendezvous is such a great event and finally a year in which I don't have any conflicting scheduling issues....

Splitdecision271 03-01-2016 07:29 PM

Yes. We understand that the 4th of July is a big family holiday with picnics and cookouts. It's also a big boating weekend for us here in the Northeast and what better way to start the season with a Formula Rendezvous. The way the 4th of July falls this year, on Monday, we think it really works out in our favor. So come spend July 1st and 2nd with the Formula FOONJ Family and you still have 2 days on the 3rd and 4th to attend those family or friends cookouts. It will be an action packed weekend for sure and its a WIN WIN

DRock 03-02-2016 06:05 PM

The BOTB Formula Rendezvous is always a great time and it amazes me how the event is bigger/better every year!

I hope to have a new"er" Formula by then and at the very least show up with my old 242 and its new owner/friend of mine.

Will there be a charity fundraiser again this year?

I.D.C.E. 03-04-2016 07:47 PM

Yes there will be a charity again this year and we are researching possible candidates now.

slugoslugo272 03-07-2016 08:40 AM

The charity part of the event is a great addition,

D-rock your friend got himself one great boat, I love that 242.... new-er formula you can't drop a tease like that..... what are you looking at getting?

DRock 03-07-2016 03:26 PM

Slugs he sure did get a great boat..the upside is that I will still see it all the time and will now get to enjoy the back bench with a beer in hand for once!

I am looking for a 311... possibly a clean 336 if the graphics aren't too audacious and frozen in time, looking like a Van Halen T-Shirt

What ended up happening with your motor in the 272? Head gasket?

Originally Posted by slugoslugo272 (Post 4412555)
The charity part of the event is a great addition,

D-rock your friend got himself one great boat, I love that 242.... new-er formula you can't drop a tease like that..... what are you looking at getting?

slugoslugo272 03-07-2016 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by DRock (Post 4412751)
Slugs he sure did get a great boat..the upside is that I will still see it all the time and will now get to enjoy the back bench with a beer in hand for once!

I am looking for a 311... possibly a clean 336 if the graphics aren't too audacious and frozen in time, looking like a Van Halen T-Shirt

What ended up happening with your motor in the 272? Head gasket?

Nice, sounds like you'll be ready for some jello ha-ha....
I'm always surfing the web at boats so if I come across anything that looks good I'll forward it along.

The lower intake corroded away, didn't realize it when I bought the boat they used car intakes so the salt water laughed at them in three years time even with flushing the motors. The marine intakes have a bronze lining for the water jackets.

distantthunder 03-12-2016 08:01 AM

I need a trailer or to fix my trailer to make that haul. If anyone knows of a clean and titled bunk trailer for a 223LS let me know. Would love to join this year.

badmonkey 03-12-2016 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by distantthunder (Post 4414809)
I need a trailer or to fix my trailer to make that haul. If anyone knows of a clean and titled bunk trailer for a 223LS let me know. Would love to join this year.

How about you and I just run the boats up there? Kid's hockey camp schedule is still TBD but maybe able to swing it this year.

Chris