Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Formula
Thinking of buying a 382 fastech w/Arnesons, heard it sunk?? >

Thinking of buying a 382 fastech w/Arnesons, heard it sunk??

Notices
Formula

Thinking of buying a 382 fastech w/Arnesons, heard it sunk??

Old 01-20-2017, 11:04 AM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

What is he asking for it?
Old 01-22-2017, 09:53 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

He says he is firm at $64,500. And that's after I found out it was sunk twice actually. And also hit by a fork truck at the boat yard requiring $6000 in repairs. I'm thinking I am going to pass
Old 01-22-2017, 10:06 AM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

Yeah sounds safe to pass at that price.
Old 01-22-2017, 09:49 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would be more concerned about hull and deck seperation and stringer seperation.
Old 01-23-2017, 03:03 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hire your own surveyor, see what they can tell.

The running gear is worth a 1/3 to 1/2 the firm price.
Old 01-27-2017, 05:47 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

I purchased the boat without motors 3/10/12, the boat was sitting in Washington after Progressive put it up for sale. Wes had it before me, he had a few diff. motors in it with the Arneson drives. The first set of motors was the fresh water engine compartment flood(2008). Boat was fixed and a new set of motors put in, he ran the boat. popped a port motor and got into a legal battle with machine shop.(2009) Turned claim into Progressive, they paid him and sold the boat on the trailer with one engine still in it. I had a survey done in Frisco TX, put the boat on my policy and had it transported to Pa. I ran the boat summer of 2012 to 2013, got cancer, took boat to LSB to have the side fixed where Progressive scratched the boat. (see pic) The est. was 3k, got a bunch of other stuff fixed while it was there and they redid the whole side because the clear was peeling in diff. spots. out the door was 6k.(agian thanks LSB, nice job) Next summer the boat was not pulled one sat night to be racked, the starboard k-plane cable leaked water to the engine bay. Boat was pulled and sent to MGD for a winter nap. they pulled motors, trans, drives. I switched gears in the drives, Huber did the trans, and motors where resealed. Boat has been back on the water since then being used. I got a good deal when I purchased the boat, never tried to cover up anything when somebody asked to buy it. In the end for 55k, I will just pull it apart and sell off the parts. Its a nice ride, I enjoy running the boat and right now its in Florida so If i can use it Nov thru June a few times with my father its a good reason to get on a plane and go south . Hope this clears up any questions
Old 01-28-2017, 05:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Inrecovery
I purchased the boat without motors 3/10/12, the boat was sitting in Washington after Progressive put it up for sale. Wes had it before me, he had a few diff. motors in it with the Arneson drives. The first set of motors was the fresh water engine compartment flood(2008). Boat was fixed and a new set of motors put in, he ran the boat. popped a port motor and got into a legal battle with machine shop.(2009) Turned claim into Progressive, they paid him and sold the boat on the trailer with one engine still in it. I had a survey done in Frisco TX, put the boat on my policy and had it transported to Pa. I ran the boat summer of 2012 to 2013, got cancer, took boat to LSB to have the side fixed where Progressive scratched the boat. (see pic) The est. was 3k, got a bunch of other stuff fixed while it was there and they redid the whole side because the clear was peeling in diff. spots. out the door was 6k.(agian thanks LSB, nice job) Next summer the boat was not pulled one sat night to be racked, the starboard k-plane cable leaked water to the engine bay. Boat was pulled and sent to MGD for a winter nap. they pulled motors, trans, drives. I switched gears in the drives, Huber did the trans, and motors where resealed. Boat has been back on the water since then being used. I got a good deal when I purchased the boat, never tried to cover up anything when somebody asked to buy it. In the end for 55k, I will just pull it apart and sell off the parts. Its a nice ride, I enjoy running the boat and right now its in Florida so If i can use it Nov thru June a few times with my father its a good reason to get on a plane and go south . Hope this clears up any questions
hope you're feeling better, that's the important thing