Mid-90's 34 PC "sleeper" >

Mid-90's 34 PC "sleeper"

Notices
Formula

Mid-90's 34 PC "sleeper"

Old 07-18-2017, 01:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Perfect. That's what I'm looking for. A weekend in P-town is about like a week in Europe during the summer. Better to take the accomodations with you when ya can.
Old 07-18-2017, 02:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It really blows some peoples mind when they hear the open exhaust and then they ask whats in her, and they get a sight of that bilge and the power plants, they're like "WHAAAT!!", its awesome.

Had a set of 28P wheels on here at first, a bit slow to get her on plane, but man would she run at cruise and WOT! Then dropped a vlave and it bounced across and blew a whole in the head, so reworked them both again and installed new Brodix heads the second time, changed to a 26P set of props and she has been fine since. Get a nice cruise at 30 mph, pretty easy on fuel (even though she does weich in at 15k lbs). I will say the addition of the extended swim platform made the most dramatic improvement useage wise, as it gives you a whole new area for carrying a dinghy, or we strap a huge cooler out there and keep the cockpit area clear.
Old 07-18-2017, 02:15 PM
Registered

Why should speed and comfort be mutually exclusive?

Love what you did with it. Talk about wolf in sheep's clothing! Had any trouble with the exhaust? Did it meet expectations? Mine will have to stay in the water unless my marina will allow a lift so curious about this.

The swim platform would be handy for a dinghy especially when kept on a mooring. Not sure towing one at 40+ would be wise. LOL
Old 07-18-2017, 06:53 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BudMA
But isn't it nice when things just happen and you don't have to run anything hard?
When I had the GTO I could accelerate from zero to 60 in about 6 seconds without pushing it too hard (0-60 times as tested were around 4.6 vs that of the C-6 Corvette at 4.5 seconds.) It was still fun and I didn't have to rag the engine out. Now try doing that in the stock Honda of your choice.
Wouldn't it be great to cruise at 35 kts without flogging the piss out of your engines? Not to mention nicer acceleration.
Flogging your engines just to get some WTO time isn't really what it's all about.
What seakeeping improvements have you made? Those make a difference, too!
The best improvement I made to run in the rough is more weight in the bow. I run with 120 lbs of sand in the anchor locker, and also keep the water tank under the front berth full most of the time. I would still like to upsize my trim tabs as I feel they are undersized in general.

Treads your boat is sweet, love seeing hot rodded PCs!
Old 07-19-2017, 03:25 AM
Registered

Thanks for the input beckmwi. Good info! Because I will be cruising the deep blue, perhaps carrying a larger anchor and rode as well as keeping my cantine full so I never find myself in a "Water, water everywhere..." situation are good ideas to begin with. Better performance is just a happy by product of good boater safety.
By "upsizing" trim tabs do you mean just moving to K-planes or similar? Makes sense to me. Others do it on all out performance boats for better handling. Why wouldn't it work on a high-functiining bed & breakfast?
When people put their heads together and talk about stuff while looking for positive growth areas good ideas always come out of it. That's part of what makes you guys such a valuable resource to everyone on the web!

Last edited by BudMA; 07-19-2017 at 03:34 AM.
Old 07-19-2017, 10:30 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BudMA
...Had any trouble with the exhaust? Did it meet expectations? Mine will have to stay in the water unless my marina will allow a lift so curious about this.

The swim platform would be handy for a dinghy especially when kept on a mooring. Not sure towing one at 40+ would be wise. LOL
The only way to make the thru-hull exhaust work with the molded shape of the transom/swim platform was to use a 12" drop down from the risers to get below the original platform. This put the exhaust centerline right at the waterline.

No issues or concerns with reversion with the 12" drop downs, would take a massive amount of water and a really hard backing down to even possibly fill the pipes and back them up into the motors. On the plus side, it sounds really bad ass when you are just backing into a slip, and right after putting them in reverse, the water rises a bit on the transom from the momentum, then comes back down a little and the pipes are wide open and have a real nice cracking sound to them, makes the heads on the dock turn a bit.

This build/repower has meet every expectation and then some. First couple years after the first repower I was on a lift, then after the second repower moved to a different marina and has been in a wet slip since, with no issues at all. I will typically do a short haul in mid season just to clean everything up, check zincs and what not, usually just an overnight and splash the next day.

We have a 8 foot dinghy, when loaded on the platform fits within the width of the platform. Don't even know its back there when cruising. Throw a strap around it from the center support under platform up and over to the horizontal grab bar on the transom, very easy to load, I can do it by myself.

Thanks for the kind words beckmwi.
Old 07-19-2017, 09:14 PM
Registered

Exhaust definitely looks good! Good to know that the set up works without any issues. Where did you find the parts? Would love to hear it. Where are you? South coast of MA here. Looked at the boat again today. Everything looks nearly perfect. Need to find someone to store the boat and do engine work in my neck of the woods. Would stroker kits be the best way to go?
Old 08-03-2017, 08:53 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Treads, since photobucket dropped the f bomb on the world... is there any way you can post up the pictures of your engine set up again or email them to me?
Old 08-03-2017, 10:34 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Redneckcustoms13
Treads, since photobucket dropped the f bomb on the world... is there any way you can post up the pictures of your engine set up again or email them to me?
Sent you a PM.
Old 08-22-2017, 05:17 PM
Registered

Anybody know who I could get to rebuild my 7.4's?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.