312 Fastech with 496 HO's

Notices
Formula

312 Fastech with 496 HO's

Old 08-15-2017, 08:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 312 Fastech with 496 HO's

Has anyone driven a 312 with 496 HO's? If so, how did it run?
Old 08-16-2017, 06:18 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 74 Likes on 24 Posts

I had one with regular 496's, non HO's, and it was a great package. If I remember correctly, right around 70mph. Great ride and balance for it's size. I would assume the HO's would be even better.
Old 08-16-2017, 06:43 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bet that would be a pretty good runner with those motors.
Old 08-16-2017, 08:01 AM
Registered

I would bet that would be a great package as well. Should run mid 70's with no problem.
Old 08-16-2017, 09:58 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by racinfast002
I bet that would be a pretty good runner with those motors.
Speaking of good runner (totally off topic though), how do you like your Scarab with the 225's?
Old 08-17-2017, 09:13 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by formula1
Speaking of good runner (totally off topic though), how do you like your Scarab with the 225's?
Its no 1250 HP fastech.....I am on the fence about these motors. Would really like to move into the modern world of 4 strokes, but just bought a house instead. I do enjoy not having to put premium gas in it. My motors are set up for premix, which is how I prefer all my 2 stroke stuff to be (as long you remember to mix it you know its getting oil).

Now the boat, I FREAKING LOVE THE BOAT. Center console is so much easier to maintain in a salt water environment. Don't have to worry about cockpit getting salt water all over it. The room on deck is amazing. There are a ton of things I love about the center console life. I do miss the speed and the sound of the big blocks, but that's the only thing I miss. I love how easy it is put up after a day on the water. If you live in salt water, outboards and CC is the way to go.
Old 08-17-2017, 11:08 AM
Registered

I have one 73 - 74 MPH.
Great boat.
Old 08-17-2017, 01:10 PM
Registered

Its no 1250 HP fastech.....I am on the fence about these motors. Would really like to move into the modern world of 4 strokes, but just bought a house instead. I do enjoy not having to put premium gas in it. My motors are set up for premix, which is how I prefer all my 2 stroke stuff to be (as long you remember to mix it you know its getting oil).

Now the boat, I FREAKING LOVE THE BOAT. Center console is so much easier to maintain in a salt water environment. Don't have to worry about cockpit getting salt water all over it. The room on deck is amazing. There are a ton of things I love about the center console life. I do miss the speed and the sound of the big blocks, but that's the only thing I miss. I love how easy it is put up after a day on the water. If you live in salt water, outboards and CC is the way to go.
Yeah, I'm just off the ICW. While I had my 292SR1 on my lift, I don't remember it being too big of a PITA. But, I'm older now, lol. Originally. I was dead set on a CC like yours, but my neighbor took me for a ride in his Fountain and I want a Formula again lol. However, as frustrating as this year long search has been, I have found myself looking at CC's too.
Old 08-17-2017, 02:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by formula1
Yeah, I'm just off the ICW. While I had my 292SR1 on my lift, I don't remember it being too big of a PITA. But, I'm older now, lol. Originally. I was dead set on a CC like yours, but my neighbor took me for a ride in his Fountain and I want a Formula again lol. However, as frustrating as this year long search has been, I have found myself looking at CC's too.
Both of my fastechs have been very low hour boats in remarkable condition and I expected them to stay in the same condition. I knew the salt water would catch up with it and lead to several costly repairs. One being the intercoolers, and 2 being the aftermarket manifolds. Also outside of the sunpad stitching, my interiors were in perfect shape and I fully intended on keeping them that way. Then there is the salt and trying to keep everything from corroding. I'm not saying its not possible to have a nice boat in Florida, but coming from fresh water lakes to here, it was definitely way more work. I much prefer the CC life, and to be honest don't see myself owning anything but one for a long time.
Old 08-17-2017, 08:16 PM
Registered

Both of my fastechs have been very low hour boats in remarkable condition and I expected them to stay in the same condition. I knew the salt water would catch up with it and lead to several costly repairs. One being the intercoolers, and 2 being the aftermarket manifolds. Also outside of the sunpad stitching, my interiors were in perfect shape and I fully intended on keeping them that way. Then there is the salt and trying to keep everything from corroding. I'm not saying its not possible to have a nice boat in Florida, but coming from fresh water lakes to here, it was definitely way more work. I much prefer the CC life, and to be honest don't see myself owning anything but one for a long time.
What top end/rpm does your boat get and what cruise speed/rpm? Any fuel consumption numbers? What brand/model/year motors?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.