Best Bottom Wax/Spray coating >

Best Bottom Wax/Spray coating

Notices
Formula

Best Bottom Wax/Spray coating

Old 02-15-2023, 04:57 PM
Registered

Received 510 Likes on 203 Posts

I have a 2013, 292 Fastech. I use oxalic acid to take off the tanning on my hull. I get the chemical at a local chemical distributor. Much cheaper that way than buying hull cleaner. Most of not all hull cleaners have oxalic acid as an ingredient. When the boat is not in use it's on my MYCO Trailer.
Next week I'm going to have the boat hauled out and put in a cradle so I can wet sand the oxidation off the back half of the bottom of the hull, compound and wax it.
I have used all the common boat waxes and have not been impressed. 2 years ago I found a cleaning company that sells retail and ask them if they had any good wax for a boat. They gave me Vitreo in the picture. For the first time I was impressed. You put it on like any other wax. I used a buffer. This stuff last a year in the Florida Sun above the waterline. If you use the boat year round you have to do below the water line every quarter.

The following users liked this post:
SabrToothSqrl (02-15-2023)