Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Formula (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/formula-36/)
-   -   found a kaama, need advice quick!!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/formula/52924-found-kaama-need-advice-quick.html)

Rambunctious 06-22-2003 09:27 PM

found a kaama, need advice quick!!!!

some of you know i have been looking for a kaama formula.
I found one, a 311 with 275 hrs, well my friend who wants my 272 found it for me.
drove 3 hrs each way to look at it

here's the list

good:
hull looks great, clean, not discolored, no stress marks. black gel in great shape
trailer: eagle, good shape, new tires, could use a wax if your really picky
all original vinyl except back bench seat cushion
engines rev to 5100 at WOT
interior great shape
indicators all work, new boots and all new u joints, engines aligned, 4 blades balanced and finished, all hydraulics working

bad:
engines rebuilt 30 hrs ago . all documentation and dressed nice, 375 kaamas, but slight lifter tick on starboard engine, and some oil sitting on intake between carb and valve cover. (from topping off before i got there, or leak??????hmmm

port engine has slight water leak from either crank driven sea pump or circulating pump
starboard engine idles high ,1000rpm+ for a while after hard run, eventually calms down , but took really too long. any guess why

this is what bugged me the most, stress cracks at gunwhale/bench bulkhead, at front windsheld corners (rounded windshield), at center bow raised section transition at front windshield.

vibration in floor. much different than my bravos, but i think thats the surface piercing props??? right

wants $25-30K!!!! quickly, his cafe racer is ready to pick up.

my other friend wants $52-55k for a stellar 311 with 420's and trs
with 600 hrs, but runs perfectly

what do i do. i'm kinda into turnkey till the kids get older.... but quite a good deal.

someone mentioned these boat coast forever, i back off to about 3/4 or less throttle and 50000 remained. do these holleys act that much different than my quadrajets??

who has stress marks in gel on 311's!!!!

any advice would be great

thanks

Rob

cuda 06-22-2003 09:51 PM

Buy the Kaama. Mine makes a vibration in the floor also, I think it's from the transmission.

cuda 06-22-2003 10:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is your brain.

cuda 06-22-2003 10:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is your brain on Kaama.

Any questions??

Perfectmix 06-23-2003 06:26 AM

BUNCTIOUS--

357sr1 Kaama For Sale "Torch Lake" lets talk give me a call
989-619-8444

Thinking about a big cruiser

Hope to talk to you soon
Josh

Audiofn 06-23-2003 07:16 AM

The Kaamas will cause the vibration due ot the props on the surface. The vibration is the prop leaving then entering the water.

As far as the engines. Well if you are serious about the other boat tell the wife that 25-30K of savings that you get from this one will buy you two brand new drop on 502 EFI's if you have problems. Just another way to look at it I guess.

As far as the cracking with out seeing pictures to know for sure it is hard to say but I have seen a lot of them have small stress cracks in that area. You can just sand and regelcoat there and it will probably fix it up fine.

Jon

Perfectmix 06-23-2003 08:38 AM

Bunctious--

Hey Rob

Thanks for the reply on my prop question last week. Sorry it took
so long to get back to my computer. Anyway, found a set of
4 blade speed masters w/identicle spline count. The wheels
are labbed 17 x 28 a little bigger than my 16.5 x 26. Motors have no problem spinnig the props to 5100. As far as the vibration goes mine does the same thing, not a big deal. Still would like to find another kaama prop for the starboard side. Those speedmasters were not a cheap fix but at least the boat is on the water. Pay to Play right.

thanks
Josh

cuda 06-23-2003 04:38 PM

How much were the speedmaster props?

Jokers Wild 06-23-2003 06:03 PM

I AM ALSO INTRESTED IN HOW MUCH THE PROP'S WHERE???? I AM STILL LOOKING FOR ONE FOR MINE!!! THANKS

Rambunctious 06-23-2003 09:31 PM

JOSH!!!

you started this whole obsession of mine thank you!!!!
we saw your boat in the marina last summer and admired it, then met you at the sandbar. and for the first time my wife said, as we walked away........ "that boat was nice, how much are one of those?" from that minute i was on a mission because you know women change there mind, just a matter of when.(LOL)

so what comes around, goes around. I was actually 10 minutes from you this weekend. went to see Kent G's boat on mission point penninsula, maybe you have seen the boat around. black gel with red on a light gray hull, nice looking.

if i had more time, i was going to show my bortherinlaw (passenger for road trip) the torch lake and maybe your boat. how ironic..
anyway i could call you now at 10:30 but you might be sleeping
please email me if your number here is not a work number
[email protected]

by the way, i decided not to pursue that boat and will call him tomorrow, for you josh, another story ...we'll talk

hey, remember your friend who wanted mine..?

just great..... already a new obsession. wife is going to kill me

gotta go...........................
gotta make plans for a weekend in traverse city again!!!!!!